"Papeete" Top 5 Page for this destination Papeete by Jim_Eliason
Papeete Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 145 photos
I had heard horrible things said about Papeete and was prepared for the worst. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to find it was not half as bad as purported.
it's a city, it's not a Polynesian postcard or a resort
Its very expensive and service is not particularly good
Easy to get around
Lots of shops and restaurants
- Pros:Compact, easy to get around
- Cons:Very expensive!
This is a memorial to all the Polynesians who served in WWI and WWII and gave there lives. Teh buildings behind used to... more travel advice
This square is used for public performance including the yearly Hevia festival. It contains numeorus Tiki's also more travel advice
Jim_Eliason's Related Pages
Papeete Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "P A P E E T E"
- "Our Gateway to the "Other Side of Paradise""
- "Tahiti Bound!"
- "Two Days Around a Trip to Moorea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Papeete
- Hotels in Papeete
- Transportation in Papeete
- Nightlife in Papeete
- Restaurants in Papeete
- Shopping in Papeete
- Warnings and Dangers in Papeete
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Papeete
- 14 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Papeete?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Papeete
Photos in PapeeteSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 84 reviews, 225 photos, 5 travelogues
- California Intro, 46 reviews, 244 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Macao Intro, 48 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 57 reviews, 204 photos, 5 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 48 reviews, 178 photos
- Singapore Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 39 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 46 reviews, 153 photos
- Paris Intro, 49 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 68 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues