"Montego Bay" Top 5 Page for this destination Montego Bay by Jim_Eliason

Montego Bay Travel Guide: 236 reviews and 472 photos

Montego Bay is Jamaica's second largest city and also the original resort area of Jamaica. Being the second largest city, it also has the most genuine local culture of the resort areas.

• Pros:Beautiful Climate and culture
  • Cons:Lots of hustle after your money
  • Last visit to Montego Bay: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 14, 2008

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2011 at 5:20 PM

The place you stayed looked to notch. I never have been here, but maybe one day. Good job of showing this

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Looks good Jim. I'd like to try it some time.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2007 at 7:59 PM

Hi Jim, great tips on Jamaica and Montego Bay, this is a lovely and interesting island :) Take care and do keep in touch!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2007 at 12:20 PM

We're planning to visit Jamaica next year and would like to experience local culture - it sounds like Montego Bay is worth considering. Thanks!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2007 at 7:10 PM

I enjoyed Montego Bay when I was there some years ago - but was constantly pestered by young men who wanted to be my "guide" and would NOT leave me alone. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 1:10 PM

Great pictures and useful info. Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel seems to be a good option. Thanks for sharing.

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2006 at 11:11 AM

Very interesting page! Montego Bay was the first town I saw when I started to travel! I must come back! Happy New Year!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2006 at 12:01 AM

interesting and helpful page. just copied a few things here for a friend who's heading there next week.

Jim_Eliason

“I don't want to just live to the length of my life, I want to live to the width of it also”

Badges & Stats in Montego Bay

Have you been to Montego Bay?

Latest Activity in Montego Bay