"Copan" Copán by Jim_Eliason
Copán Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 982 photos
Copan was another of the great Mayan cities founded in 100 AD and reaching the apex of its power under the king 18 Rabbit in 695 AD. The city went into a slow decline after that and was abandoned sometime after 822 AD.
- Pros:Well preserved and restored
- Cons:Long way from anywhere
- In a nutshell:Must see site.
On the grounds of the ruins is a great new museum you should not miss, the Sculpture Musuem. Some of the greatest... more travel advice
Initially thought as an area of tombs, the name "The Necropolis" was given to this site. However, it has since been... more travel advice
Jim_Eliason's Related Pages
Copán Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Greatest City of Art in the Ancient New World"
- "Copán Ruínas"
- "Copán, and Copán Ruinas"
- "Copán Ruinas"
- "Copan, The ancient Mayan Empire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Copán
- Hotels in Copán
- Transportation in Copán
- Nightlife in Copán
- Restaurants in Copán
- Shopping in Copán
- Warnings and Dangers in Copán
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Copán
- 13 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Copán?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Copán
Photos in CopánSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 84 reviews, 225 photos, 5 travelogues
- California Intro, 46 reviews, 244 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 57 reviews, 204 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macao Intro, 45 reviews, 209 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 48 reviews, 178 photos
- Singapore Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 39 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 46 reviews, 153 photos
- Paris Intro, 49 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 68 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues