"Antigua" Top 5 Page for this destination Antigua Guatemala by Jim_Eliason

Antigua Guatemala Travel Guide: 650 reviews and 1,885 photos

Antigua is one of the most beautiful colonial cities I have ever visited! It's small, compact and easily walkable. Around every corner are colorful architecture and ruins from a once great city.

I was lucky enough to visit during Holy week (Santa Semana) and got to witness the unique traditions of Guatemala's biggest holiday.

• Last visit to Antigua Guatemala: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Dec 7, 2008

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2010 at 1:26 PM

I see it was a wonderful trip! Thanks for your interesting story....

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2010 at 8:22 AM

We're looking forward to visiting Antigua in November. Thnks for the useful info, especially about all the churches. It all looks very photogenic :-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2010 at 1:33 AM

Lovely pages and photos. Really like the architecture of the buildings, the chicken buses, and the colourful local clothes!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2010 at 6:06 AM

Hi Jim and happy new year! so nice to hear from you after so long! Thanks for the visit to my Madaba pg and ratings.Wld love to get back to Jordan in April. Your page here is very enticing-some of the churches were so incredibly ornate!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2010 at 11:06 AM

The impact of the earthquake on the architecture is a shame, but still a nice place to visit and see the past history and city

• yellowbell's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2009 at 6:00 PM

I love your picture of the cloisters - reminds me of the Cloisters in NY. Oh and the chicken buses are like the buses found in the provinces of the Philippines. Thanks for sharing.

• Aug 18, 2009 at 6:27 AM

i love the style of architecture like: La Merced

• juliewong's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Hi Jim Nice to read about Antigua. And thanks for visiting my Palau page. Cheers.

• Elena77's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Thanks for stopping by my Stockholm page. And thank you also for sharing these nice tips on Antigua.

• Sep 9, 2008 at 10:38 AM

In my opinion, some of the best food in town - certainly the best Guatemalan food around. Skip the burgers, pizza, pasta, and sandwiches - you can get them anywhere. You are in Guatemala; for Heaven's sake, eat the local cuisine!

Jim_Eliason

“I don't want to just live to the length of my life, I want to live to the width of it also”

Badges & Stats in Antigua Guatemala

Have you been to Antigua Guatemala?

Latest Activity in Antigua Guatemala