"Tikal" Parque Nacional Tikal by Jim_Eliason
Parque Nacional Tikal Travel Guide: 314 reviews and 1,008 photos
Tikal was one of the greatest states of Mayan City. It was originally settled around 900 BC and rose to prominence around 400 AD under a royal family from Teotihuacan. The city was abandoned around 900 AD for unknown reasons although it was known that the area had severe drought at that time.
Tikal is one of the great archeological sites in the world and should be on everyone's Must See list.
- Pros:Fantastic must see site
- Cons:Very hot and humid
This site was erected by Tikal's last King, Chitham, to mark the end of the calendar era. It is unique for its... more travel advice
This is the tallest of Tikal's temple and from the top offers one of its best views. This temple is where one of the... more travel advice
Jim_Eliason's Related Pages
Parque Nacional Tikal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tikal - a Jungle Jewel"
- "Ruins in the jungle"
- "Mayan Mysteries in a Jungle Setting"
- "Tikal--The Mayan World's Greatest City Ever"
- "Parque Nacional Tikal"
- "Jungle Secrets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Hotels in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Transportation in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Nightlife in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Restaurants in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Shopping in Parque Nacional Tikal
- Warnings and Dangers in Parque Nacional Tikal
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Parque Nacional Tikal
- 9 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Parque Nacional Tikal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parque Nacional Tikal
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 86 reviews, 225 photos, 5 travelogues
- California Intro, 44 reviews, 234 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 57 reviews, 204 photos, 5 travelogues
- Macao Intro, 45 reviews, 209 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 48 reviews, 178 photos
- Singapore Intro, 44 reviews, 169 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arizona Intro, 38 reviews, 162 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montreal Intro, 46 reviews, 153 photos
- Paris Intro, 49 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brussels Intro, 68 reviews, 113 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (113)
Latest Parque Nacional Tikal hotel reviews
- Jungle Lodge
- 196 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013