"San Jose" Top 5 Page for this destination San José by Jim_Eliason

San José Travel Guide: 525 reviews and 875 photos

San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica, has a very different vibe than most of Latin America with a lot more American influenced architecture and a Mediterranean climate. Although it lacks any absolute must see sights, it's still good for a day or two's of exploring.

• Pros:laid back feel
  • Cons:Underdeveloped
  • Last visit to San José: Jul 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 8, 2014

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2012 at 9:41 PM

NIce trip, of all the museums you mentioned, the oro blanco central looks like my favourite one.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2010 at 1:40 AM

There are some nice buildings here.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2010 at 8:40 AM

It seems San José is worth a stop for a day or two. Some great sightseeing! Thinking about Central America for my next trip. But for now only 'quizas, quizas, quizas' :) Do you know the song? It's beautiful!

• sheilamcgurk's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2009 at 5:47 AM

I am planning atrip to Costa Rica toi visit friends--would enjoy taking my 8 year old niece to a ballet or opera or any cultural event in San Jose around Dec 28-Jan 15...ant suggestions Thank you

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2008 at 5:03 AM

What a lovely ornate post office! The parks look pretty too, and lots of interesting stuff in the museums

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2008 at 7:12 AM

Thanks for a glimpse of San Jose, Jim. I see you enjoy museums, too! Hopefully, my husband and I will have the opportunity to see Costa Rica one day...thanks for the tips. Regards from Texas...

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2008 at 2:32 AM

Hi Jim, years ago I met a person from San Jose during a conference. Seems like a nice city, thanks for sharing :)

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2007 at 1:29 PM

I missed this all :) on my very short trip to Costa Rica. Thanks for the visit

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Museums sound very interesting.

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2007 at 5:29 AM

Thanks Jim for the museum (and other good stuff too) info on San Jose. Museums are always on our list.

Jim_Eliason

“I don't want to just live to the length of my life, I want to live to the width of it also”

Badges & Stats in San José

Have you been to San José?

Latest Activity in San José