"Cusco" Top 5 Page for this destination Cusco by Jim_Eliason

Cusco Travel Guide: 1,086 reviews and 2,366 photos

11,000 feet up in the Andes sits Cusco, the ancient Inca capital transformed by the Spanish into a fantastic colonial city. Cusco however has never lost its Indian roots.

• Pros:Fantastic Architecture in a breathtaking natural surrounding
  • Cons:Not much breath to be taken away at this altitude!
  • In a nutshell:You absolutely must see this city!
  • Last visit to Cusco: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 21, 2004

• al2401's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Great photos Jim

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2009 at 10:55 AM

From the guinea pig to eat to the convent, cathedrals, churches, Cristo Blanco, it's all a weal of culture, history, and beauty. But, the photos of the locals, especially children, was the best. Also enjoyed artisan markets, fountain, museums, and plazas.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Thanks for visiting my Phnom Penh page! Great pics from Peru! Your tips are helping me plan my visit in December!

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2007 at 7:38 AM

Hi jim, great tips and photos of cusco, one of the most famous place in south america! Looking forward to your tips & more photos of your recent trip to singapore, malaysia & cambodia :)

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 12:24 PM

All the pages I've seen on Peru always includes the roast guinea pig. So.....did you try it?!! Great pics on Cusco Jim!

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2006 at 10:38 AM

Thanks for stopping by my Venice page. Great pics of Cusco...brought back great memories! We stayed in a hotel on the Plaza de Nazarenas when we were there.

• travelife's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2006 at 2:28 AM

Nice pictures. Brought back memories..

• melosh's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2005 at 3:18 PM

After seeing your fine pictures, I felt again that there is no need for me to try to show it all. I can just try to focus on tips, stories and special bits of information. Keep up the good work. bob

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2004 at 9:06 PM

yes we did everything by Taxi, very good choice. great page, heaps of infos and fine pics. tks for sharing

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2004 at 12:12 PM

Very good photos. I really liked the Museo of Pre-Columbian art also.

Jim_Eliason

“I don't want to just live to the length of my life, I want to live to the width of it also”

Badges & Stats in Cusco