"I am in Paris!" Paris by leanne_pearc
Paris Travel Guide: 22,584 reviews and 55,347 photos
After growing up on the romance of Paris through movies, the internet and books i unfortunately felt that Paris did not live up to my expectations. BUT that is not the be all to this review. Paris is a beautiful city and when you can look away from the scammers, homeless and crazy people there is so much to discover.
I spent 5 nights in an airbnb appartment in the funky district of Bastille, it was my favourite part of Paris, far away from the tourist spots.
There is too much history in this city, yes TOO MUCH. I spent the entire five days in Paris walking through the endless museums which were all very worth the visits. I want to return to the Louvre as one day was not enough. We took a train to see the Palace of Versailles and my goodness what a place it was.
- Pros:Pattiseries, baguettes for 1 euro, waffles in Bastille, history, cheap red wine and champagne
- Cons:scammers, tourist spots are busy, crazy people in McDonalds
At most places the coffee is cheaper when seated at the bar then at the seats and tables. more travel advice
We had booked an early morning easyjet flight that was leaving Paris at 7.00am and we had to be at the airport an hour... more travel advice
leanne_pearc's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 137 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 46 reviews, 41 photos
- Dubai Intro, 28 reviews, 34 photos
- Australia Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos
- Singapore Intro, 26 reviews, 23 photos
- Bali Intro, 19 reviews, 16 photos
- Rottnest Island Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos