"Kuala Lumpur" Kuala Lumpur by leanne_pearc
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 6,189 reviews and 14,381 photos
We visited Kuala Lumpur on the 14th of February 2005 and stayed there for 4 nights.
We caught a bus from Singapore which took 5 hours.
We were able to see the different country side from Singapore to Malaysia.
They say Singapore is so organised and when you cross the border, KL is very disorganised and this is what i loved about KL during my whole stay. There was so much variety and something around every corner!
The Malays are very welcoming people and every taxi trip came with a tour commentary. They are very proud people.
Kuala Lumpur is very different now to my first visit.
It has fast grown into an international city known for its great food and shopping. The hotel in Kuala Lumpur are among the best in the world, perhaps better then back home in Perth.
The lifestyle i experience when i go to Kuala Lumpur on a holiday is this:
Wake up late. Head to the shops for some serious retail shopping. Have lunch at a restaurant in the shopping centre. Come back to the hotel and drop off the shopping, change and shower. Go out to dinner. Head to a nice cocktail bar afterwards!
- Pros:Great Shopping, lovely welcoming people, cheap food and drinks
- Cons:too many shops can send you broke
- In a nutshell:Even though shopping is cheap, your money will not last as you will not stop spending!
SkyBar is located on the top floor of the Traders hotel, around the hotel's pool. It is partially open and offers... more travel advice
Yes for Australians and Americans Starbucks is a familiar brand like MacDonalds however in Malaysia the prices are very... more travel advice
- See All Luxury Hotel
- See All Getting to KLIA Airport
- See All Smoking
- See All Hotel & Police Imposters
leanne_pearc's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 46 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perth Intro, 137 reviews, 87 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 46 reviews, 41 photos
- Dubai Intro, 28 reviews, 34 photos
- Australia Intro, 28 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 26 reviews, 25 photos
- Singapore Intro, 26 reviews, 23 photos
- Bali Intro, 19 reviews, 16 photos
- Rottnest Island Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Intro, 13 reviews, 19 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos