"Honduras" Honduras by a005116
Honduras Travel Guide: 1,511 reviews and 4,263 photos
Honduras has barely been registered on the Western radar, apart from its short role in the 1980s as a breeding ground for US covert operations. But that's another story! It is not for nothing called the Pentagon state!
Wathever the history, it was and is a wonderfull country with wonderfull people! Slowly that is being discovered by foreign tourists. especialy the bay islands in the Caraïbean are popular spots for cheap dives.
However, the country was devastated by one of the strongest hurricanes of the 20th century - Hurricane Mitch in October 1998. Thanks to international relief efforts, much of the infrastructure has now been repaired and tourism has returned to pre-Mitch levels.
Copan is propably the best known place in Honduras. Copan, just at the Guatemalean border, hosts one of the most... more travel advice
Utila is as one of the bay islands, one of the favourite Honduran touristic destinations. Just at the end of the Barreer... more travel advice
a005116's Related Pages
Honduras Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Worthy of Many Returns!"
- "Honduras - The essence of Central America"
- "LATINO82's An Earthly Paradise HONDURAS"
- "Map of Honduras"
- "Central American Nation with Plenty to Offer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Honduras
- Hotels in Honduras
- Transportation in Honduras
- Nightlife in Honduras
- Restaurants in Honduras
- Shopping in Honduras
- Warnings and Dangers in Honduras
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Honduras
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Honduras?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Honduras
Top 10 Pages
- Leuven Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Belize Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Belgium Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 7 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Panamá City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos