"Suchitoto" Top 5 Page for this destination Suchitoto by a005116
Suchitoto Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 85 photos
Suchitoto, once the capital of the country, is the one and only colonial city of El Salvador. In Náhuat the indigenous language Suchitoto means "Place of the Birds and Flowers".
Maybe it is not that spectacular as for example Antigua (Guatemala) it still has its unique charm.
The church is certainly be the highlight of the historical centre. The're still restoring and I suppose they still wil in the next decades. They do it the Latin way of course ;)
But its wonderfull and charming. The interiour is mostly wood and gives a certain athmosphere.
The exterior you can admire from one of the two terrases on the square enjoying the shadow of the gallerys.
If you would like a little walk, you should go down to the lake of Suchitlán. It's a bit walking and you have to climb hard by coming back, but it's worth it. Fisherman are fishing on the shores while Amazon kingfishers and herons do it their way.
a005116's Related Pages
Suchitoto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old capital"
- "Colonial Suchitoto"
- "Charming Colonial town"
- "Living in Suchitoto"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suchitoto
- Hotels in Suchitoto
- Transportation in Suchitoto
- Restaurants in Suchitoto
- Warnings and Dangers in Suchitoto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Suchitoto
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Suchitoto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suchitoto
Top 10 Pages
- Leuven Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Belize Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Belgium Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 7 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 3 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Panamá City Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos