"Bali:The untamed land" Bali by Irine_29
Bali Travel Guide: 6,673 reviews and 16,977 photos
I was preparing myself for that trip long time before. I wanted everything to be perfect.Very well organised. Had bought books,guides, maps. Had heard so many things about Bali and had prepared myself to live one of my best travelling experiences.
It finally turned out to be one of the most intresting and unexpected ones.
The whole concept was to experience it alone just with the help of my jeep and my guiding books.Well....it somehow didnt work out.I had no idea that there were no signs on the island so as to know where I was at the time.And when with my best intentions and my widest smile tried to ask for some help, I came across reversed palms asking for tips and unaproachable eyes.Smiless.I expected that this could happen to some more low-level financial systems.But Bali seemed to be ok with that.Parts of its lands were "devoted" to its Tourists, with the big resorts and the shopping,eating and entertaitment facilities.The rest,which is of course the most intresting one,and the one i was focusing to explore,turned out to be a very "nasty" one.
I cant forget the times when i found myself really fed up from trying to locate where i was, or trying to avoid those palms,or even trying to find a nice place to swim. I was there for almost one week and didnt make it to find a worth swiming beach.Most of them were too wavy,dirty or forbitten to swim. But what mostly anoyed me was the "wall".I always had the feeling of this wall when tried to aproach the locals. Always willing to sell u something, but "please, dont go any futher".Not even a warm glance or a real smile.Nothing.
I will never forget though, the early mornings at the rice fields.The reflection of that morning light on the perfect structured fields.The sound of the ducks and the birds.The big hats over the local's heads who were like "dancing" when harvesting the rice.The waterfalls.The temples.My desperation when where lost into the jungle and prayed to God to "enlight" me for finding my way to the hotel.Now I laugh:-)
There are some photos and tips to come.
Hundrents of temples you will find around the island. Each one, with its own myth, hystory and beauty! more travel advice
I was roaming around a Hindu very holy temple where people use to wash away their sins with its holy... more travel advice
Irine_29's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharing my experiences Under the Bali Sunshine"
- "Bali, A Travel to Island Of Paradise :"
- "Bali, Indonesia..."
- "Bali - Island Beauty"
- "...stranded between heaven and earth"
- "BALI Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons"
- "Bali - Home of the Gods (& mischievious monkeys)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Top 10 Pages
- Lefkas Island Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Samothraki Intro, 19 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kea Island Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Milos Island Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Portugal Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Athens Intro, 2 reviews, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gozo Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Bali Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 2 reviews, 18 photos, 4 travelogues