"3 days in Milos" Top 5 Page for this destination Milos Island by Irine_29

Milos Island Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 605 photos

I took 3 days to the island of Venus, time enough to make me review my idea of the Cyclades island, time so limited to make me feel its charm at the edge.
Had been almost 10 years since I last had visited one of the Cycladian islands. My idea of them, was : “nice, picturesque, great blue and white contradictions, but that’s all”.
Having been grown up in a big, green Ionian island famous for its impressive beaches and emerald waters, I had always been stict and firm concerning those topics about the rest of the islands.
Untill Milos changed it all. 3 days, was not much for a full overview of the island, however, from the little I saw, unlike the rest of the Cycladian islands, this one, lucks the picturesque of the rest. Nice villages, in white, whose structure, lucks the charm of those in Santorini or Sifnos. The shock came when visited its beaches. Me, that thought that had almost seen it all concerning the Greek beaches, felt like “falling from the sky” when witnessed that fine sand, that emerald, clean, crystal waters…Looking back, I can now say that I almost spent the ¾ of my time there, under the water…a really great time 

The photo above, is taken from the balcony of my room, I call it the “flying boat” as it gives me a 3D illusion of this boat being on the air….and probably this is my idea of the island…an illusion I have lived, an illusion I eager to live again.

For more info about the island, you can visit the following site:

• Last visit to Milos Island: Jun 2003
  • Intro Written Jul 3, 2003

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2006 at 8:21 AM

This looks a real gem. What beautiful scenery and villages.

• Varinia's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2006 at 1:51 PM

Thank for your help on my first trip to Greece, you're such a nice and goodwill lady.

• lua2's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2006 at 9:18 AM

Jesus; what a great water!!!! I love Greece!!!! I have to go to Milos... I have to go to Milos... I have to go... hahahaha...

• dfactor's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2006 at 5:57 PM

Greece really have a lotta kewl islands. I think better than those we've here in Malaysia. Hope to go there 1 day.

• 88Starflite's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2006 at 1:35 AM

Thanks for the info, I'm going there this Sept. along with a Santorini stop.

• sinequanon's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2005 at 12:05 AM

Eirini mou perasame omorfa an kai arketa crowded. Hxera oti o Avgoustos einai o xeiroteros minas alla den ginotan kai allios. H Milos einai panemorfi omos! esy perases kala stin patrida?

• kia81's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2005 at 4:21 AM

Your photo are very imppressive! What a wonderful seawater!!!I think I have chossen the wrong islands...this ummer I will go to Santorini,Naxos and Paros..but from the photos on the web they don't seem as beautiful as Milos...

• rozehill's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2004 at 9:41 PM

This page is just stunning Irene. Brilliant photos and a wonderful presentation of another spectacular Greek Island......so captivating........

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2004 at 2:02 AM

My Goodness!What a place!Out of this world!I'm enchanted!I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to Mediterranean.What you've shown totally captures my senses!Spectacular photos and descriptions!Is it possible to stay at houses similar to where you stayed?

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2004 at 4:44 AM

Tsigrado looks like a perfect beach to me, even without any waves. That water is the most magnificent colour & I would love to swim there one day. Thanks Irene for sharing another special place with us VTers.

Badges & Stats in Milos Island

Have you been to Milos Island?

Latest Activity in Milos Island