"a medieval love nest" Top 5 Page for this destination Monemvasia by Irine_29

Monemvasia Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 190 photos

Monemvasia, is one of the most popular Greek spots. Situated in Southern Peloponese, it is about 3 hours driving from Athens.
What makes it very special, is the fact that it is situated in a smal piece of land, conected with the mainland, by a bridge-like road.
Its medieval architecture, with the narrow streets and the made of stone buildings, gives the place a very unique ambience of isolation and romance. This is why it is so popular among the lovers ;-)

• Last visit to Monemvasia: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 10, 2004

• Leeroy7's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2006 at 6:35 AM

Congratulations!!!GREAT PICTURE of my place....if you come on summer i'll show you spots that noone knows...great job...

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2004 at 12:07 AM

That main photo is stunning, the blue of the ocean is amazing. Think I would enjoy coffee & cake with you my friend as we shre the same ideas about it. Come have a look at my Coogee page for Cozzi Cafe, you'd like it.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2004 at 4:32 AM

How in the world did we miss this beautiful place when we visited...I guess we will have to come back for that cup of coffee and view.

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2004 at 7:25 AM

Mamma mia!!!!

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2004 at 9:17 AM

I like the way you framed that shot, Irine. You are making Greece such an enticing place...I'm planning a post-Olympiadas visit to your beloved country, can't help it now!

• Sharrie's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2004 at 12:49 AM

Coffee & lovers :-) Love nest, eh?! ;-)

• Sharon's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2004 at 12:10 PM

I'll remember this nest for next time.. :-), Yes this long time coffee is sure one of the greek unforgetable things.. but with this kind of Views its a must indeed. Great opening photo Eirini.

Badges & Stats in Monemvasia

Have you been to Monemvasia?

Latest Activity in Monemvasia