"MacKiwi's new Tokyo Page" Tokyo by MacKiwi
Tokyo Travel Guide: 4,354 reviews and 11,147 photos
<center><b>TOKYO (TV Tower)</b></center>
<b>Tokyo is the largest urban area and capital of Japan, and one of the most heavily populated metropolises in the world.
Tokyo is located at the head of Tokyo Bay, midway along the eastern coast of Honshu, the largest of the four main islands of the Japanese archipelago. The city occupies most of the southern part of the Kanto Plain, the largest area of flat land in Japan. Tokyo has been the capital of Japan since 1868, after the Tokugawa dynasty (1603-1867), which ruled from Kyoto, was overthrown. At that time the city's name was changed from Edo to Tokyo, which means “eastern capital.” Today Tokyo is Japan's financial, industrial, commercial, educational, and cultural center; it is also the country's principal contact point for trade and diplomatic relations with the rest of the world.</b>
MacKiwi's Related Pages
Tokyo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "T o k y o"
- "Tragedy in Japan"
- "Tokyo - I love this place ! Old, New, & Happening"
- "Tokyo East Tokyo West"
- "Tune In Tokyo!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tokyo
- Hotels in Tokyo
- Transportation in Tokyo
- Nightlife in Tokyo
- Restaurants in Tokyo
- Shopping in Tokyo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tokyo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tokyo
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Tokyo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tokyo
Photos in TokyoSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 58 reviews, 122 photos, 11 travelogues
- China Intro, 2 reviews, 32 photos, 7 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 1 review, 21 photos, 18 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayman Islands Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Zealand Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 2 travelogues