"My Birth Place" Christchurch by MacKiwi
Christchurch Travel Guide: 1,244 reviews and 2,614 photos
<b>The city of Christchurch is located just north of Banks Peninsula, on the east coast of New Zealand's South Island. It is New Zealand's only predominantly flat major city, and with a population of 300,000, it is the South Island's largest city. Because Christchurch is flat, getting around is easy, whether walking or cycling.
Christchurch has extensive parks and gardens in the inner city, including the Christchurch Botanic Gardens and Hagley Park, and is also known as the Garden City. Christchurch has also been called the most English city outside England, which is reflected in local styles and architecture. A neo-gothic Anglican cathedral lies at the centre of the city, Cathedral Square, where crowds gather to listen to buskers and speakers, including the Wizard of Christchurch.
There are also many tourist attractions within easy reach of the city, including world-class skiing available 90 minutes by car from Christchurch and whale watching at Kaikoura.</b>
Not exactly off the beaten track but close to Christchurch is the town of Methven (about 1.5 hours drive). Methven is... more travel advice
What I like most about Christchurch are the many trendy bars and street side cafes. The food is on the whole fabulous in... more travel advice
MacKiwi's Related Pages
Christchurch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shaken but not beaten: A city rising from ruins"
- "My Home - The (Shakey) Garden City"
- "Over Looking Lyttelton Harbour"
- "Charming Christchurch"
- "My winter holiday in summer"
- "Christchurch - Gateway to the South Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Christchurch
- Hotels in Christchurch
- Transportation in Christchurch
- Nightlife in Christchurch
- Restaurants in Christchurch
- Shopping in Christchurch
- Warnings and Dangers in Christchurch
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Christchurch
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Christchurch
- Posted in Travel Hong Kong Forum "Re: Re: when, where n who"
- Wrote a Review Not exactly off the beaten... about Methven in Christchurch Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Punting down the Avon River"
- created a Christchurch Travel Page "My Birth Place"
- Commented on one of kiwigal_1's Christchurch travel pages
Photos in ChristchurchSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 58 reviews, 122 photos, 11 travelogues
- China Intro, 2 reviews, 32 photos, 7 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 1 review, 21 photos, 18 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayman Islands Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Zealand Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Christchurch hotel reviews
- All Seasons Christchurch
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 10, 2011
- Livingspace The Mill Christchurch
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 12, 2012
- Hotel Ibis Christchurch
- 326 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Riccarton Mall & Deans Bush Motel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Heritage Christchurch
- 198 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Flag Hotel Camelot Cathedral Square
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 25, 2013
- Airport Gateway Motor Lodge Christchurch
- 251 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Arthur's Court Motor Lodge
- 46 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Windsor Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
- Scenic Suites Christchurch
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 23, 2011
- The George Christchurch
- 370 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 11, 2013
- Thomas's Hotel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Old Countryhouse
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013