"MacKiwi's Bangkok Page" Bangkok by MacKiwi
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,714 reviews and 24,270 photos
<center><b>Bangkok Gridlock !!</b></center>
<b>There are a lot of good things about Bangkok. This is not one of them. It is however typical on any given day in this heaving metropolis.
Anyway, it's worth putting up with the coronary-inducing traffic jams, pollution, annual floods and sticky weather to experience one of Asia's most exciting cities. Bangkok has dominated Thailand's urban hierarchy, as well as its political, commercial and cultural life, since the late 18th century. Although the late 20th-century boom is over - you can still shop in air-conditioned comfort in Western-style malls - the city is a long way from being 'tamed'.
Bangkok proper seethes on the east side of the Chao Phraya River, drawing rural Thai folk into its cluttered fold daily. The city is reportedly sinking at a rate of 90cm (36in) every year, but there's too much happening in this vibrant city for anyone to get that sinking feeling for too long.</b>
<center><font color=blue>All photos taken by myself are digitally marked. Please do not use them without permission</font><font color=red
© David Macleod 2002 (copyright)</font>
<center><font color=blue>For enquiries, please email: <A HREF="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</A></font>
Bangkok is a shoppers paradise and one of the most reasonably priced and varied department stores is MBK. Getting... more travel advice
This is the worlds largest open air market which requires more than a day to cover on foot. You can buy literally... more travel advice
MacKiwi's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 58 reviews, 122 photos, 11 travelogues
- China Intro, 2 reviews, 32 photos, 7 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 1 review, 21 photos, 18 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shanghai Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cayman Islands Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Zealand Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos, 2 travelogues