"Small city in the great Northwest" Top 5 Page for this destination Bellingham by cvilla007

Bellingham Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 155 photos

Beautiful Bellingham

Bellingham, Washington, is a small city (population 69,260) in the farthest NW corner of the United States. For me, it is an adopted hometown. I have a lot of family that live here & I once lived here for a summer.

The town is known mostly for the University - Western Washington.

In the summer everybody in Bellingham is happy & having fun, some swimming in 50 degree F water, all rejoicing for clear skies. When I visited the sun seemed to stay in the sky until midnight & rise again at 3:30am. It did rain at times, but everybody expects that. I've never been here during the winter. I hear it's lousy. But then there's the skiing - I hear it's great.

Bellingham has many natural wonders. You can see bald eagles in their nests or eating salmon out of rivers, there are magnificent views of Mt Baker, and then there's the Puget Sound. Whales swim by, and I've heard about mammoth walruses, too. There are ferries to Alaska; and Vancouver, Canada, is only 45 minutes away. Seattle is a two-hour drive south. This place is great. No wonder it seems like everybody from California is moving here.

This is a great site on Bellingham's history: http://www.bellingham100.org/pages/history.htm

Bellingham Vistitor's Info: href="http://www.bellingham.org/

• Pros:Small-town charm; winter outdoor sports; moderate climate
  • Cons:The rain
  • In a nutshell:A nice place to live; I think I'm going to move here when I retire.
  • Last visit to Bellingham: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 20, 2005

Comments

cvilla007

“Are we there yet.. there yet? Huh? Huh? Huh?”

Badges & Stats in Bellingham

Have you been to Bellingham?

Latest Activity in Bellingham