"Small city in the great Northwest" Top 5 Page for this destination Bellingham by cvilla007
Bellingham Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 155 photos
Bellingham, Washington, is a small city (population 69,260) in the farthest NW corner of the United States. For me, it is an adopted hometown. I have a lot of family that live here & I once lived here for a summer.
The town is known mostly for the University - Western Washington.
In the summer everybody in Bellingham is happy & having fun, some swimming in 50 degree F water, all rejoicing for clear skies. When I visited the sun seemed to stay in the sky until midnight & rise again at 3:30am. It did rain at times, but everybody expects that. I've never been here during the winter. I hear it's lousy. But then there's the skiing - I hear it's great.
Bellingham has many natural wonders. You can see bald eagles in their nests or eating salmon out of rivers, there are magnificent views of Mt Baker, and then there's the Puget Sound. Whales swim by, and I've heard about mammoth walruses, too. There are ferries to Alaska; and Vancouver, Canada, is only 45 minutes away. Seattle is a two-hour drive south. This place is great. No wonder it seems like everybody from California is moving here.
This is a great site on Bellingham's history: http://www.bellingham100.org/pages/history.htm
Bellingham Vistitor's Info: href="http://www.bellingham.org/
- Pros:Small-town charm; winter outdoor sports; moderate climate
- Cons:The rain
- In a nutshell:A nice place to live; I think I'm going to move here when I retire.
The Wild Buffalo is the place to go for blues in this part of the state. Many famous and not so famous acts come through... more travel advice
Believe it or not we found a Filipino restaurant this far in the middle of nowhere. I don't know if this place still... more travel advice
cvilla007's Related Pages
Bellingham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bellingham -Ski to Sea"
- "Who knew?"
- "Small city in the great Northwest"
- "My life in Bellingham"
- "San Juan & Gulf Islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bellingham
- Hotels in Bellingham
- Transportation in Bellingham
- Nightlife in Bellingham
- Restaurants in Bellingham
- Shopping in Bellingham
- Warnings and Dangers in Bellingham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bellingham
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bellingham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bellingham
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 29 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Bali Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Oakland Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Okinawa Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Osaka Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellingham Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos