"Fayetteville" Fayetteville by cvilla007
Fayetteville Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 19 photos
Fayetteville, Georgia, is a small conservative town about 20 miles south of Atlanta. It is the county seat of Fayette County, and its population is 11,248 (2000).
Fayette County is named after the Marquis de LaFayette, who fought alongside George Washington in the Revolutionary War. The county was formed from land ceded from the Creek Indian Nation.
Fayetteville was founded in 1823. The courthouse is the oldest one in Georgia, founded in 1825.
As of the census of 2000, there are 11,148 people, 4,338 households, and 2,967 families residing in the city. The population density is 435.2/km? (1,126.7/mi?). There are 4,572 housing units at an average density of 178.5/km? (462.1/mi?). The racial makeup of the city is 80.44% White, 13.97% African American, 0.22% Native American, 3.33% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.95% from other races, and 1.09% from two or more races. 2.78% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.
<a href="http://www.fayetteville-ga-us.org/">Click here</a> for city website.
cvilla007's Related Pages
Fayetteville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fran's Fayetteville Page"
- "Atlanta Suburb"
- "As in "Marquis de LaFayette""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fayetteville
- Restaurants in Fayetteville
- Shopping in Fayetteville
- Warnings and Dangers in Fayetteville
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fayetteville
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Fayetteville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fayetteville
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 29 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Bali Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Oakland Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Okinawa Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Osaka Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellingham Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos