"Dahlonega, Georgia" Top 5 Page for this destination Dahlonega by cvilla007
Dahlonega Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 95 photos
Gold was discovered in the 1830's in a small Georgia town named Dahlonega, meaning "Gold" in Cherokee. Before long, tens of thousands of prospectors moved in and sent the Cherokees to Oklahoma. But only a few people got rich, and once gold was struck in the West, Dahlonega was forgotten. Now this little town is a nice getaway from Atlanta, only a two-hour drive away. The main square has many interesting shops, a gold mine museum, several jewelers, and even a fudge store.
- Pros:Historic location, close to major mountain parks
- Cons:Can see everything in an afternoon
- In a nutshell:Visit if you're interested in Georgia history
cvilla007's Related Pages
Dahlonega Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gold, the slower pace, mountains, and tasty food"
- "Dahlonega, Georgia"
- "Home of the first gold rush in America"
- "Home of America's First Gold Rush"
- "Dahlonega: Gold Rush"
- "dahlonega georgia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dahlonega
- Hotels in Dahlonega
- Transportation in Dahlonega
- Nightlife in Dahlonega
- Restaurants in Dahlonega
- Shopping in Dahlonega
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dahlonega
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Dahlonega?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dahlonega
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagoya Intro, 29 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos
- Bali Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Oakland Intro, 14 reviews, 14 photos
- Okinawa Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Osaka Intro, 1 review, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bellingham Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos