"Just a night" Aracena by davidcross
Aracena Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 57 photos
The town of Aracena is actually on the eastern edge of the natural park of Sierra de Aracena y Picos de Aroche. It is a good transport hub for the area, being linked to Sevilla and Huelva by Casal and Damas respectively. [It is not on a train line.] There are other Casal buses into the Sierra which reach Cortegana by two separate routes
and one a day to Zulfre, all provided by Casal.
Damas have a good website
but Casal only give telephone numbers. I found the information they provided unhelpful [i.e.wrong!] and you should try to get them, the tourist office or your hotel, if you are booking one, to send you the written timetable whuch I found reliable.
I did not actually have time for this but the Cueva de Meravillas is supposed to be quite something.
The belltower in the photo is actually the left hand building on the first one.
Like practically all of the villages of the area, Aracena is a town where your eyes are drawn to the top where there is a fine church whose mudejar door is featured in the photo.
Beside it are the extensive and picturesque remains of the old castle.
- Pros:Good centre. Largest place in the area [though small]
- Cons:For staying I prefer Almonaster La Real.
- In a nutshell:If in the area, give it some time.
davidcross' Related Pages
Aracena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aracena - Spain"
- "Lovely Lazy Market Town"
- "Just a night"
- "Mountain charm"
- "Missed third visit... or not"
- "Aracena, Gruta de las Maravillas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aracena
- Hotels in Aracena
- Nightlife in Aracena
- Restaurants in Aracena
- Shopping in Aracena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aracena
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Aracena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aracena
Top 10 Pages
- Faroe Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 70 photos
- Salamanca Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Vardø Intro, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Saint Just-in-Penwith Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Madrid Intro, 27 reviews, 22 photos
- Palermo Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Córdoba Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Andalucía Intro, 21 photos, 2 travelogues