"Not long enough in Svolvaer" Svolvær by davidcross
Svolvær Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 75 photos
We had been all the way on the Coastal voyage north from Bergen to Kirkenes. When we passed through part of Lofoten, including Svolvaer, it was belting down with rain and visibility was dreadful. That makes it particularly fortunate that we'd booked to leave the southern bound voyage at Svolvaer and spend two nights there.
Our only mistake was that our one full day was 1 May and they take Labour Day very seriously. There is only a Sunday service on the buses, which in Svolvaer means no service!
- Pros:Wonderful coast and mountains
- Cons:Perhaps too far north for a single base in Lofoten
- In a nutshell:You must leave the Hurtigsrute here, at least for a day.
You get buses from Henninsvaer right down to Å [sic] in the south of Lofoten but if you have limited time, a very... more travel advice
This restaurant is attached to Svinøya Rorbuer [see separate accom. tip under Svolvaer.] I've no reason to think its... more travel advice
davidcross' Related Pages
Svolvær Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Rainy Day in Svolvær"
- "Not long enough in Svolvaer"
- "Svolvær - the capital of Lofoten"
- "A 'crowded and hectical' place ?!?"
- "With Costa Deliziosa from Amsterdam to North Cape"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Svolvær
- Hotels in Svolvær
- Transportation in Svolvær
- Restaurants in Svolvær
- Shopping in Svolvær
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Svolvær
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Svolvær?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Svolvær
Top 10 Pages
- Faroe Islands Intro, 24 reviews, 70 photos
- Salamanca Intro, 18 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Vardø Intro, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Saint Just-in-Penwith Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Madrid Intro, 27 reviews, 22 photos
- Palermo Intro, 6 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Córdoba Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Andalucía Intro, 21 photos, 2 travelogues