Vang Vieng Transportation Tips by j-san
Vang Vieng Transportation: 12 reviews and 11 photos
broken down bus
We arrived in Nong Khai exhausted after the night train from Bangkok. Took an auto-rickshaw to Vientiane. There we hopped on the 10:30am (it was late to start) public bus to Nong Khai. The seats were rickety, it was full of locals who had covered the better seats with bags of vegetables. The remaining tourists were sitting on the floor in the aisle. BUT that wasnt the worst thing, the bus BROKE DOWN every time we went up a hill. HOURS on, we were nowhere near Nong Khai. People began to get off and hitchike. Finally a few of us were piled into minivans. Once we reached Nong Khai the minivan driver insisted we pay (on top of what we had paid for the bus already). TAKE a MINIVAN whenever you can, is my advice. We saw broken down buses all over the place. Took the minivan for 8dollars each for a very smooth ride to Luang Prabang the next day.
j-san's Related Pages
Vang Vieng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "... by the Song river, in the shade of mountains"
- "Heavenly Vang Viang"
- "peaceful Vang Vieng"
- "The Rustic Countryside of Vang Vieng"
- "Vang Vieng- Peaceful Town"
- "Hippy Haven"
- "Relax in stunning Vieng Vang!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vang Vieng
- Hotels in Vang Vieng
- Transportation in Vang Vieng
- Nightlife in Vang Vieng
- Restaurants in Vang Vieng
- Warnings and Dangers in Vang Vieng
- See All...
Explore the World
- Little Water Cay Hotels
- Lincoln Hotels
- Bangi Hotels
- Zamboanga Hotels
- Khoueng Viangchan
- Bad Oeynhausen
- Hermosa Beach Transportation
- Zermatt Transportation
- Vernazza Transportation
- By Road
- Isla Cozumel Transportation
- Union Territory of Lakshadweep Transportation
- Train between the Cinque Terre Villages
- Ruse Transportation
- Santa Monica Transportation
- Linköping Transportation
- Klaipedos Apskritis Transportation
Badges & Stats in Vang Vieng
- 7 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Vang Vieng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vang Vieng
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 70 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 54 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 39 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 28 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 39 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Osaka Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos