"After all the wandering..." j-san's Profile
I'll be back to Europe and Japan on holidays from now on.
Well, after six years of living in Kyoto, Japan, the time came to move on. Those years were amazing, life-changing and unforgettable. At times it was frustrating, lonely and EXPENSIVE!
In Japan I learnt a little patience, discovered a tiny bit of humility and most importantly - figured out how to co-ordinate my clothes, shoes, handbags and make-up! As well as how to read and speak Japanese. I never imagined that a time would come when a French film would be easier for me to understand dubbed in Japanese.
And most importantly I made the best friends in the world, most of them came and went and others I met thanks to the travel opportunities that working in Japan afforded me. I'll never forget my trips to Korea, Laos, Thailand and India. They were six years that passed like a dream.
Now, it's time for new adventures, new friends and new opportunities!
It was an opportunity too good to pass up and an unforgettable experience. I met the kindest people and fell in love with the tortilla (Spanish omelette) and real coffee - ideally together for breakfast at one of my favorite local cafes. Even the cigarette smoke didn't keep me away. The walks through Retiro will live in my memory, as will the pretty paved streets I trudged along on my way to work everyday, over those few months. One day, I will have to come and visit again, it was the last stop on my journey of independence.
In August 2005 I visited Toronto for the first time. I finally met Laura (hayward68)! I liked the laid-back urban-artsy atmosphere, greenery and amazing restaurants. So what if it "tries to be New York" !? (hehehe) Besides, my husband and his family are from there - next visit summer 2007.
See my Kurama snowfall travelogue for more!
One of my favorite places to visit. There is still so much more to see.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 548 Reviews
- 990 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 30 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- j-san and richiecdisc are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Salamanca Market on Saturdays..."
- updated a Hobart Travel Page "j-san's new Hobart Page"
updated their Profile Page "After all the wandering..."
- Commented on one of Carmanah's Vancouver travel pages
- Wrote a Review Wonderful Market about Granville Island in Vancouver Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Victoria Forum "Re: BEST Fish'n'Chip restaurant?"
Top 10 Pages
- Kyoto Intro, 70 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Delhi Intro, 54 reviews, 65 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 39 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nagano Intro, 28 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 39 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 30 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 26 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Krabi Intro, 32 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- Osaka Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tokyo Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos