"If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha" Top 5 Page for this destination Hangzhou by Guantanamera

Hangzhou Travel Guide: 621 reviews and 1,839 photos

Hangzhou is one of the most laid back, cool, detached cities of China... A modern, affluent city, in touch with its historical side, Hangzhou is most well known for the sweeping and expansive West Lake, as well as one of the biggest Buddhist temple complexes in the entire world, Lingyin Si...

"Followers of the Way, if you wish to see this Dharma clearly, do not let yourselves be deceived. Whether you turn to the outside or to the inside, whatever you encounter, kill it. If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha; if you meet the patriarchs, kill the patriarchs; if you meet Arhats, kill Arhats; if you meet your parents, kill your parents; if you meet your relatives, kill your relatives; then for the first time you will see clearly. And if you do not depend on things, there is deliverance, there is freedom!"
-- 9th century Chinese zen master Lin Chi

• Last visit to Hangzhou: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 29, 2005

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2008 at 2:38 AM

marvellous place , and it is always better to visit with a native girl (for the language)

• Oct 1, 2005 at 12:29 PM

Hi Paul, It has been awhile since I have visited your pages. Yes, Hangzhou will always remain with me as well. Thanks for the pic.

• wcph's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2005 at 5:44 AM

Another wonderful page. Happy travels!

• hangzhoulover's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2004 at 3:35 AM

I'd forgotten about the bats around West lake! Thanks for the fond memory. I remember my classmates and I putting our arms over our heads to try to keep the bats out of our hair. What a night!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2004 at 11:58 AM

Nice Page

• we2364's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2004 at 8:53 PM

Now I find a great benefit by becoming a member of VT is get free and hospitable tourguide wherever you go. I should utilize this advantage for my future trips and hope I can find handsome guys *_^

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2003 at 9:38 AM

Very impresed by the pic of the bat!

• shdw100's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2003 at 5:15 AM

I think that you know someone in every corner of the world, Paul! Great page!

• solo_mc's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2003 at 5:36 PM

an ancient and universal symbol of light and enlightment. It depicts the sun in its movement across the sky....

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2003 at 7:13 PM

Don't tell me. Zhou is chinese for over. The name of the place: Hangover.

Badges & Stats in Hangzhou

Have you been to Hangzhou?