"If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha" Top 5 Page for this destination Hangzhou by Guantanamera
Hangzhou Travel Guide: 623 reviews and 1,847 photos
Hangzhou is one of the most laid back, cool, detached cities of China... A modern, affluent city, in touch with its historical side, Hangzhou is most well known for the sweeping and expansive West Lake, as well as one of the biggest Buddhist temple complexes in the entire world, Lingyin Si...
"Followers of the Way, if you wish to see this Dharma clearly, do not let yourselves be deceived. Whether you turn to the outside or to the inside, whatever you encounter, kill it. If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha; if you meet the patriarchs, kill the patriarchs; if you meet Arhats, kill Arhats; if you meet your parents, kill your parents; if you meet your relatives, kill your relatives; then for the first time you will see clearly. And if you do not depend on things, there is deliverance, there is freedom!"
-- 9th century Chinese zen master Lin Chi
Although I didn't actually stay overnight at the Hangzhou Friendship Hotel, I will recommend it on the basis of the... more travel advice
Becky and I had a delicious dinner at the revolving restaurant at the top of the Friendship Hotel in downtown... more travel advice
Guantanamera's Related Pages
Hangzhou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "H A N G Z H O U - its a heaven on earth!"
- "Maria's Hangzhou"
- "Hangzhou, one of the most beautiful citie in China"
- "breathing. flying. relaxing in the poem city"
- "If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha"
- "Hangzhou and the most famous lake in China"
- "City of heaven..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hangzhou
- Hotels in Hangzhou
- Transportation in Hangzhou
- Nightlife in Hangzhou
- Restaurants in Hangzhou
- Shopping in Hangzhou
- Warnings and Dangers in Hangzhou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hangzhou
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Hangzhou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hangzhou
- updated a Hangzhou Travel Page "If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha"
- Uploaded a Photo to "If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha"
- Commented on one of hangzhoulover's Hangzhou travel pages
- Posted in Travel Asia Forum "Re: Re: Natural Wonders of the..."
- Wrote a Review Hangzhou Friendship Hotel. in Hangzhou Hotels
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guangzhou Intro, 113 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos
- Beijing Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos