Pulau Perhentian Besar Restaurant Tips by Guantanamera Top 5 Page for this destination
Pulau Perhentian Besar Restaurants: 13 reviews and 18 photos
Tuna Bay Island Resort's restaurant is the best on the beach with spacious interior, high ceiling, fantastic open-side dining with great views of the sea. The menu is a nice mix of asian and western cuisines, with some Malay, Thai and Chinese options balanced by pastas, sandwiches and fresh salads, and of course the barbecued fish, prawns, chicken or beef. Overall, ingredients are fresh and good quality, although service is often slow as the restaurant is short-staffed but that is not untypical in island settings. Definitely the most popular place to have dinner on the beach, nice atmosphere, clean, comfortable.
Favorite Dish: Pictured here, I perform a tremendous feat of drinking 3 different beverages at one time! Lemon iced tea, lime juice and chocolate frappe! Yum. 2nd pic shows the Prawns with Nestum, which was pretty tasty. 3rd pic shows the very unorthodox "Greek" salad (has lettuce in it and substitutes blue cheese for feta -- never in Hellas), and the garlic toast while Rita gets ready for the tom yam soup.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Price: less than US$10
Nia Cafe is immediately adjacent to Tuna Bay Island Resort and is a good alternative to Tuna Bay's much pricier fare. The cheap plastic tables and chairs are right on the sandy beach and a bit closer to the sea... Try the tom yam soup, medium spicy, it's delicious!
Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: less than US$10
More Reviews (14)
Guantanamera's Related Pages
Pulau Perhentian Besar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's HEAVEN!"
- "PULAU PERHENTIAN BESAR - EAST COAST OF MALAYSIA"
- "Béseme en Besar"
- "Jennifer's search for Solitude"
- "Tropical Paradise discovered"
- "A Place to Get Away"
- "Pulau Perhentian Besar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Hotels in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Transportation in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Nightlife in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Restaurants in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Shopping in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Moliagul Hotels
- Oosterbeek Hotels
- Williston Hotels
- Little Saint Martin Island Hotels
- Golling an der Salzach
- Hunan Sheng
Badges & Stats in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- 16 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Pulau Perhentian Besar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Uploaded a Photo to "Transit at Kuala Besut"
- updated a Pulau Perhentian Besar Travel Page "Béseme en Besar"
- Wrote a Review Inter-Island and Intra-Island Speedboats in Pulau Perhentian Besar Transportation
- Commented on one of dar76's Pulau Perhentian Besar travel pages
- Posted in Travel Asia Forum "Re: Re: Natural Wonders of the..."
Photos in Pulau Perhentian BesarSee All Photos (32)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guangzhou Intro, 115 reviews, 117 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shanghai Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos
- Beijing Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Perhentian Besar Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yangshuo Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
Latest Pulau Perhentian Besar hotel reviews
- Coral View Island Resort
- 150 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- New Cocohut & Cozy Chalets
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Flora Bay Resort
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Aseania Resort Pulau Besar
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Perhentian Paradise Resort
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013
- Panorama Chalet Resort
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Abdul Chalet
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013