"Douglas - Isle of Man" Douglas by AnjoLuci
Douglas Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 178 photos
Douglas is the Isle of Man capital with by far the highest population at over 25,000. It is the island hub for shipping, transport, shopping, and entertainment. It is also the home of the government and main finance sector.
Located on the east coast of the Isle of Man. Douglas has been the island's capital since 1863 and holds most of the island action. Its beautiful sea front is lined with picturesque hotels and restaurants. The shopping high street is filled with familiar names like Boots, Marks & Spencer, Next, and many more as well as many locally owned stores. Parking is available on the sea front or in various car parks around the town.
The south side is close to town, steam railway, buses and sea terminal, but very noise.
The north side leaves behind the noise of town and is closer to the Manx Electric Railway. From spring to early autumn the Horse Drawn Trams run along the front. This can make a big difference for those without cars, who wish to get along the 2 mile long promenade.
Buses and Taxis are also available
- Pros:Love the air, green, sea, clean place
- Cons:Not much to do after a week. Just rest!
- In a nutshell:A wonderful place to go.
Here is an outside view form the Roslyn House. Affordable, Clean and Non-Smoke environment more travel advice
AnjoLuci's Related Pages
Douglas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "To many this image epitimises the Isle of Man"
- "Island capital....."
- "A traditional seaside resort"
- "The Isle of Man"
- "Ah Douglas... Blackpool meets the City of London"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Douglas
- Hotels in Douglas
- Transportation in Douglas
- Nightlife in Douglas
- Restaurants in Douglas
- Shopping in Douglas
- Warnings and Dangers in Douglas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Douglas
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Douglas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Douglas
Top 10 Pages
- Weston Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Tulum Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nassau Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Naples Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Jacó Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Barretos Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Orlando Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Douglas Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos