"Jaco Beach: Surf & Fun" Top 5 Page for this destination Jacó by AnjoLuci
Jacó Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 236 photos
Just 117 km/72 miles from San Jose, Jaco Beach has become one of the most popular destination for the whole country , both because is close to the capital and because of the enourmous tourist infrastructure it has.
I was quite disappointed with Jaco.
I stayed at Playa Hermosa, but everyday we would take a cab to the Jaco for lunch or dinner.
In reality, I can say that Jaco is the beach and the main street, Avenida Pastor Diaz.
Like many 3rd world country, dogs are a predominance in the streets. Bicycle is the transportation for many costaricans residents.
Everything is so expensive if you think and care for your money.
As soon we got to Costa Rica we exchange our money. Costa Rica currency is Colones. The time we were there 1.00 dollar as iqual to 436.00 Costa Rica Colones.
In Jaco they charge you in dollar. I tried to buy and always ask to convert to colones... There you see you are paying a lot.
There are plenty of restaurants in Jaco. We tried to stick with the ones that served Costa Rican food.
Jaco has an enormous number of handcraft shopes where you can find those pieces of art that we all buy in vacation.
Wood is so predominant in Costa Rica that most of the restaurants you go chair and tables are made of wood. You want to take them home.
But if you are passing in San Jose, do your shopping there.
Everything is the some. I asked some locals where they buy things for themselves, they all say San Jose.
- Pros:Good restaurants
- Cons:Tourists are exploited
- In a nutshell:A place to eat, dance and no to stay in
Taxi in Costa rica is red. These taxis have a yellow triangle at both sides of the car with their license number. It is... more travel advice
Shooping in Jaco pratically resumes on Avenida Pastor Diaz (Pastor Diaz Ave). Well, I can certainly say that this is... more travel advice
AnjoLuci's Related Pages
Jacó Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jaco Beach, Pacific Ocean, Costa Rica"
- "one popular, the other little visited..."
- "Playa Jaco"
- "Jaco Beach: Surf & Fun"
- "Jaco in November"
- "Just another day in Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jacó
- Hotels in Jacó
- Transportation in Jacó
- Nightlife in Jacó
- Restaurants in Jacó
- Shopping in Jacó
- Warnings and Dangers in Jacó
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jacó
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Jacó?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jacó
Top 10 Pages
- Weston Intro, 26 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 18 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Tulum Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nassau Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Naples Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jacó Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Barretos Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Orlando Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Douglas Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos