"Jaco Beach: Surf & Fun" Top 5 Page for this destination Jacó by AnjoLuci

Jacó Travel Guide: 149 reviews and 236 photos

JACO

Just 117 km/72 miles from San Jose, Jaco Beach has become one of the most popular destination for the whole country , both because is close to the capital and because of the enourmous tourist infrastructure it has.

I was quite disappointed with Jaco.
I stayed at Playa Hermosa, but everyday we would take a cab to the Jaco for lunch or dinner.

In reality, I can say that Jaco is the beach and the main street, Avenida Pastor Diaz.

Like many 3rd world country, dogs are a predominance in the streets. Bicycle is the transportation for many costaricans residents.

Everything is so expensive if you think and care for your money.
As soon we got to Costa Rica we exchange our money. Costa Rica currency is Colones. The time we were there 1.00 dollar as iqual to 436.00 Costa Rica Colones.
In Jaco they charge you in dollar. I tried to buy and always ask to convert to colones... There you see you are paying a lot.

There are plenty of restaurants in Jaco. We tried to stick with the ones that served Costa Rican food.

Jaco has an enormous number of handcraft shopes where you can find those pieces of art that we all buy in vacation.

Wood is so predominant in Costa Rica that most of the restaurants you go chair and tables are made of wood. You want to take them home.

But if you are passing in San Jose, do your shopping there.

Everything is the some. I asked some locals where they buy things for themselves, they all say San Jose.

• Pros:Good restaurants
  • Cons:Tourists are exploited
  • In a nutshell:A place to eat, dance and no to stay in
  • Last visit to Jacó: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 10, 2004

• Jun 9, 2006 at 6:08 PM

Thanks for the tips!! we are traveling to jaco for a short holiday, 4-days/nights.. i will keep your tips in mind!

• chancay's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2004 at 6:07 AM

Excelent restaurant tips....lomito casado? con quien?? ;-))

AnjoLuci