"Snorkelling paradise" Lifou by WOOFWOOF
Lifou Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 26 photos
The island of Lifou is a typical small Pacific island. It has a beautiful beach, an easy walk up to a derelict church on top of the hill with spectacular views across the island and the water.
What makes Lifou special however is its snorkelling. If you take the trouble to walk the relatively short distance to the back of the island you will discover a lagoon with hundreds of rocks just under the surface along with a vast array of corals. It is the fish however, that make this such a great snorkelling destination. These can be observed all throughout the lagoon but if you venture a little further out you will quickly come across the edge of the reef where there is a dramatic increase in water depth.
Here the number of fish also increases dramatically and if you are lucky you will see turtles that you swim alongside. A truly spectacular sight that our whole family enjoyed. Snorkelling at Lifou is spectacular.
- Pros:Pretty island...amazing snorkelling
- Cons:If you don't like snorkelling, there isn't much else
- In a nutshell:Worth the snorkelling alone
WOOFWOOF's Related Pages
Lifou Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lifou....Loyalty Isalnds"
- "Put on those walkin' shoes!"
- "An Evening at a Family from Lifou"
- "Lifou- keep it a secret"
- "Snorkelling paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lifou
- Hotels in Lifou
- Transportation in Lifou
- Nightlife in Lifou
- Restaurants in Lifou
- Warnings and Dangers in Lifou
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lifou
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Lifou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lifou
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- France Intro, 3 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 3 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 3 photos
- Midi-Pyrénées Intro, 3 photos
- New Caledonia Intro, 3 photos
- Hoi An Intro, 3 photos
- Versailles Intro, 3 photos
- Bordeaux Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.