WOOFWOOF's profile photo

WOOFWOOF

Stephen Online Now
Sigh....the bite of the travel bug is expensive to treat.

My Favorite Pages

Found in
Destination Pages

Travel Map

tomy2green Aug 3, 2014 at 6:27 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Trying to visit my grandfathers gravesite who was killed in 1918 in the town of Beugny, France'. Thank you so much...

toemayn's Profile Photo
toemayn Jun 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

phingy's Profile Photo
phingy Apr 3, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Suggestions on metro pass '. I appreciate your advice.

• WOOFWOOF's Profile Photo
    WOOFWOOF Apr 6, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Lucky you. It's almost 12 months since we were there :( Suggest you visit the tourist information bureau on your first day as they are very helpful and you can get maps and your museum pass there. It's not that far away from the area you are staying in. let me know if you wnat any more information about places you wish to see whilst in Paris.

• phingy's Profile Photo
    phingy Apr 6, 2014 at 6:45 PM

Sure thank you very much for your kind advice!

wise23girl's Profile Photo
wise23girl Nov 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Morning...nice to see another Aussie about but I see you are a member from way back.

DebbieD4 Oct 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Local transport options'. Yes you're right, we do tender in from the ship at Port Arthur and it seems unless we use the ships excursions we are fairly limited as to where we can go. Having said that, it looks as if the historical site will take up quite some considerable time to appreciate it all.

DebbieD4 Oct 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Local transport options'. I appreciate your advice.

DebbieD4 Oct 15, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Local transport options'. I appreciate your advice.

• DebbieD4 Oct 15, 2013 at 7:27 PM

No - first time for us all. We have from 7am - 4pm and would really love to see the mines as well but I gather that is about 25min by car? Perhaps Isle of the dead would be an easier option?

• WOOFWOOF's Profile Photo
    WOOFWOOF Oct 15, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Never been to the mines and I lived in Hobart for four years! The Isle of the Dead tour is really interesting but book it at the site rather than through the cruise. The only risk I guess is that it is going to be very busy with everyone from your ship converging on Port Arthur at once.

There is plenty to see at Port Arthur with the old prison ruins, the "modern" prison and the various homes on site, the hospital and church ruins. The grounds are simply beautiful particularly if you get a nice sunny day. One suggestion...if you take a tour of the site resist the urge to ask the staff about the Port Arthur massacre.....they don't like to talk openly about it as many lost people close to them. Enjoy.

toemayn's Profile Photo
toemayn Jun 14, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Happy Birthday

balhannah's Profile Photo
balhannah Jun 14, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Hi Stephen. I didn't realize that we shared the same Birthday. Hope that you had a wonderful day!

lynnehamman's Profile Photo
lynnehamman Jan 11, 2010 at 4:03 AM

Welcome to the VT family. Great photo, and good luck building your pages. Hope my info helped.