"Time to travel" WOOFWOOF's Profile

Vietnam was just a taste...

...but what an amazing taste it was. I've done the family cruises......hell I've even taken my wife and daughters to Vietnam. I loved it but it only whetted my appetite for more.

Whilst I have loved travelling as a family, the combination of costs and stage of life is a killer. Quite simply, overseas travelling for families is reserved for those with deep pockets and our children are now 21, 18 and 16 so travelling with parents does not have the same allure as organising trips with friends.

Now I'm looking to travel with my wife Hana and friends. We didn't do it when we were younger...we had other priorities. Good health and reasonable finances dictate that for us it's time to travel.

France for two

Just spent three weeks in France. One week in Paris, one week in the Bordeaux area and one week in Dordogne region.

Coldest Spring in 20 years!....but it didn't stop us from doing anything. Paris the highlight with so many "WOW" sights. One week was barely enough. Loved our apartment which was located two minutes walk from The Louvre...perfect location.

Second week staying just out of Bordeaux with the family of an exchange student who stayed with our family several years ago. They were incredibly generous showing us the sights of Bordeaux, St Emilion and the Pyrenees where they have a holiday home. We were so lucky.

Third week in the beautiful Dordogne region spliting our time between Brantome and Sarlat, using Sarlat as a base to visit notable sights such as Rocamadour, and Beynac et Cazenac. Like living in a postcard each day.

• Intro Updated Jun 5, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
WOOFWOOF's Profile Photo

WOOFWOOF

“Sigh....the bite of the travel bug is expensive to treat.”

Ranked Member