"Windseekr's new Helena Page" Helena by Windseekr
Helena Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 72 photos
On this page I want to share one of Montana's beautiful scenic places with my VT friends.
Two very famous western explorers, Lewis and Clark traveled through this exact location nearly 200 years ago. In their journals they identified this area as "The Gates of the (Rocky) Mountains". That name held and this beautiful place can be seen by taking a boat tour, with a very knowledgable guide and interpreter on board the vessel. The tour company has 3 boats. Our 2 hour boat trip into the wilderness, via the Missouri river, was taken on the Sacajawea. The Pirogue and Hilger Rose are the names of the other two cruise vessels. It was a very enjoyable tour with just the right balance of natural splendor, lesson in American history and simple enjoyment.
The boat tour rates are very reasonable. The standard rate for adult is $9.00. Seniors (60 +) are $7.50. Children 4 - 17 are $6.00 and under 4 years old are free.
The Gates of the Mountains boat tours can be contacted by calling 406.458.5241 or by writing PO Box 478, Helena, Montana 59624. Their web site address is: www.gatesofthemountains.org.
Sit back and enjoy the feel of seeing a very small segment of the westward Discovery made by those very brave men and one woman on July 19, 1805. Guaranteed to be enjoyable.
This rock formation is called the 'Eye of the Rhino'. Notice the opening in the rock formation resembling the Rhino's... more travel advice
Windseekr's Related Pages
Helena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A capital and a boomtown"
- "A decade in Helena"
- "Colorful Helena in the Heart of Montana"
- "Windseekr's new Helena Page"
- "EmilyS's Helena Page"
- "Sammi59601's New Helena Page"
- "Helena at the Foot of the Rockies"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Helena
- Hotels in Helena
- Restaurants in Helena
- Shopping in Helena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Helena
- 11 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Helena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helena
Photos in HelenaSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Ocean Isle Beach Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Fort Benton Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Helena Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- East Glacier Park Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Calabash Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Newport Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Superior Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Placerville 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Montana Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Charleston Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos