"Beautiful Island" Morro by venteeocho
Morro Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 98 photos
This peaceful fishing village is situated on the headland at the northernmost tip of Tinhar? Island. Lush with ferns, palms and birds of paradise this island has lots of good walking tours and horseback riding. The town is dominated by the lighthouse and the ruins of a colonial fort, built in 1630 as a defense by the Portuguese against other European raiders. From the lighthouse, a path leads to a ruined lookout with beautiful panoramic views of the 3 big beaches and the lush green vegetation of the island. Lovely sunsets can be seen from the old fort and dolphins can sometimes be seen jumping through the waves.
It's internationally well-known for the beauty of its beaches and its young and friendly atmosphere.
The village is surrounded by deep green hills that contrast with the turquoise of the sea, and the white sand that give life to Morro's landscapes, making that its visitors always comeback.
rustic place with a brasilian touch, traditional food home made with sea view ask 4 the muqueca de camarao yummmie... more travel advice
venteeocho's Related Pages
Morro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "If you like Brazil, Morro de Sao Paulo is a must!"
- "Paradise island in Bahia"
- "MORRO Oh MORRO!"
- "Morro do Sao Paulo in April"
- "Morro de Sao Paolo -Don't let the secret out"
- "Morro- means Hill..."
- "A paradise near Salvador"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morro
- Hotels in Morro
- Transportation in Morro
- Nightlife in Morro
- Restaurants in Morro
- Shopping in Morro
- Warnings and Dangers in Morro
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Morro
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Morro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morro
Photos in MorroSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Ibiza Intro, 28 reviews, 34 photos
- Corrientes Intro, 20 reviews, 37 photos
- Tarifa (Cadiz) Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Marbella Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- Nusa Lembongan Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- San Jose Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Monterey Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Capitola Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos