"Wild and Beautiful" Nusa Lembongan by venteeocho
Nusa Lembongan Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 91 photos
Nusa Lembongan (Nusa = Island) is one of three neighbouring islands of Bali, approximately 12 miles from south east Bali and 20 miles from Lombok. The other two (2) islands are Nusa Penida being the bigger and Nusa Ceningan being the smaller.
Nusa Lembongan is a pristine tropical island, its highest point is 50 meters above sea level. Lembongan has an average rainfall of approximately 1000 mm per year. Little temperature variation from 30 degrees Celsius occurs between the only two seasons this island experiences being the wet and the dry. The wet season is from December to February and the dry is from March to November. As it has only three months of rainfall, this island is dry for the remainder of the year. Little cultivation occurs, as almost 2/3 of the island is infertile.
Seeding is normally done on the wet season and only corn, cassava and peanuts are farmed. Also found on the island are cashew nuts, mangoes and coconut. Fresh water is limited and most of the supply is derived from wells up to 60 meters deep.
Nusa Lembongan is located on the Wallace line. Sir Alfred Wallace, a historic naturalist who conducted extensive studies of this area, determined the Wallace line. The Wallace line is still recognised as a biological division between Asia and Australia/Pacific. Many species of bird, animal and flora indigenous to Australia are not found West of this line, as the flora and fauna on the west ‘Asian’ side are not found to the east of this line. The ocean currents that funnel their way between these islands are rich in macrobiotic life that support abundant coral and fish life in shallow waters surrounding these islands
Mainski Lembongan Resort provides simple but quality accommodation on the beachfront to suit most travellers budgets,... more travel advice
In the year 1200, lived an old man called Dukuh Jumpungan, he was from mount Kila (considered to be in the Klungkung... more travel advice
venteeocho's Related Pages
Nusa Lembongan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chilling with Sea Weed Farms in Nusa Lembongan"
- "Wild and Beautiful"
- "Get Away From The Bali Scene"
- "Nusa Lembongan day tour"
- "A new level of relaxation"
- "Nusa Lembongoan in a quick view"
- "Nusa Lembongan. I live there......"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nusa Lembongan
- Hotels in Nusa Lembongan
- Transportation in Nusa Lembongan
- Restaurants in Nusa Lembongan
- Shopping in Nusa Lembongan
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Nusa Lembongan
- 14 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Nusa Lembongan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nusa Lembongan
Photos in Nusa LembonganSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de Ibiza Intro, 28 reviews, 34 photos
- Corrientes Intro, 20 reviews, 37 photos
- Tarifa (Cadiz) Intro, 21 reviews, 31 photos
- Marbella Intro, 20 reviews, 30 photos
- Nusa Lembongan Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos
- San Jose Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos
- Monterey Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Capitola Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Ushuaia Intro, 15 reviews, 15 photos