"pollon's new Australia Page" Australia by pollon

Australia Travel Guide: 47,416 reviews and 123,913 photos

My second time down there: the first time was in 1994 for three weeks on the east coast and then 5 weeks between July and August 2000 in the Northern Territories and Western Australia but I don't rule out there could be a third time, one day!!!

And now something which I know will sound silly... but has anybody ever played Risiko? On its map Australia seems sooooo small (sorry for this dumb comment but when I was younger my friend got me play it very often...) anyway about the different distances in Europe and in Australia I would like to tell you a couple of stories: the first was told me by the very nice owner of a bed & breakfast of Adelaide who, when was to Europe and wanted to go from Germany to Austria, missed it founding himself in Italy, at Bolzano!! He was so used to his "distances" in Australia that he didn't expected to get there so quickly!

The other story was told me by a nice woman of a renting company: an European got angry to her when she told him that he couldn't do the following tour: Sidney - Cairns - Darwin - Perth BY car in ONE week!!
About picture over here, it was taken at Coral Bay in Western Australia...

If you want to see more, go to my <b><font color="#CC0000">travelogues</font></b>

<font size="+1"> I think this page will be a never ending story because there is still something left with which I would like to bore you... as soon as I have time for... so if you feel like, just jump here from time to time, I'm still working at this page and thanks a lot for visiting my Australia this time :-)))</font>

• Intro Written Sep 10, 2002

• chrissy_11's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2007 at 12:25 AM

Some really good advice there!

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2004 at 6:52 AM

What a wonderful adventure, so many more great pictures and info in your albums, especially stories about dolphins and whales. You will be interrogated further. I want to go there now. It's your fault. :o)

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2004 at 2:16 PM

Now I have been all over Aussie with you!

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2004 at 1:05 PM

thanks for some great tips, especially the one about postcards !

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2003 at 4:24 PM

Molto interessanto Chiara! Some great tips & photos. You've seen parts of Australia that I haven't, but even more sadly, I've seen none of Italy yet! It's on my wish list!! Ciao!

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2003 at 9:21 AM

¡Qué lindas páginas sobre Australia! Entonces, ¿así eran las páginas de VT antes del cambio...? Bes....abrazos! (-;

• mangueirense's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2003 at 4:21 AM

Really lovely page about Australia, makes me wanna go right away!!! Greetings from a "Brazil-junkie"

• funkymama's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2003 at 12:16 PM

They have it all there,nature,beaches,dolphins,wonderful page dear Chiara.

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2003 at 3:51 PM

Well Chiara, I have learnt a lot from you to-day, a lot about Australia and I live here. You have been to places that I have yet to discover and have done a magnificent job.........thank you.

• Maline's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2003 at 12:19 AM

Great tips, ditfferent approach, interesting about the medical treatments for different nationalities. Now I'll check out the travelogues...!

pollon

“after all, the world is full of amazing discoveries”

Badges & Stats in Australia

Have you been to Australia?

Latest Activity in Australia