"a charming overnight stay..." Crooked Tree by pollon

Crooked Tree Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 47 photos

it took me more than one year to build this page and it has been a letter to Dorla which definitely convinced me to find some free time for the building... but let's go in order, you are not in my mind and cannot understand from these messed up words of mine ;-)...

anyway it was meant to be just an overnighting on the way to the Mayan ruins of Lamanai and turned out to be definitely a charming stop over... and if you go in high season (april instead is low season) is a paradise for bird watching...

• In a nutshell:birds, a scorpion, an Inn opened for me...
  • Last visit to Crooked Tree: Apr 2002
  • Intro Updated Sep 3, 2003

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2008 at 5:57 AM

Nice page Chiara!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2005 at 1:38 PM

Chiara, what a great page you have done for us on Crooked Tree! The Paradise Inn sounds like my kind of spot, especially since I love bird-watching! You have a great attitude when it comes to Tree Frogs and Scorpions!!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2005 at 10:35 AM

I really LOL about the co-guests in the hotel tips, but I would not have been laughing if I were there. This is a delightful page, especially the homecooked meals tip. Just wonderful.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2004 at 5:08 AM

Hi Pollon. Belize is on my list of places to go and Crooked Tree is one of the places I intend to go. Thats coming from a birdwatcher. :)

• alza's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2004 at 9:03 PM

Dorla is sooo sweet! How nice to meet people like her on trips! Your Island Christmas seems memorable. :-)

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2004 at 2:08 PM

crooked tree. thats a real funny place name. very typical for belize though. this is a country woth a lot of humor.

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2004 at 10:31 AM

You missed the opportunity to kiss a frog at Paradise Inn in Crooked Tree? You missed the chance of a lifetime. But you did get some superb pictures, bravo!

• Paolo-Italy's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2003 at 8:18 AM

E' vero che il belize è il paese col più alto numero di campi da golf in proporzione alla sua estensione? °_°

• piccolina's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2003 at 7:33 AM

Scorpioni!!!!????...mmmmm....Bellissime foto, valeva la pena aspettare..:-))))

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2003 at 4:14 PM

scorpions and frogs, I am really surprised about your bedroom companions!

pollon

“after all, the world is full of amazing discoveries”

Badges & Stats in Crooked Tree

Have you been to Crooked Tree?

Latest Activity in Crooked Tree