"The Neeltje jans" Neeltje Jans by sammie
Neeltje Jans Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 43 photos
The Delta works were build, to protect a part of Zeeland against water. After the "waterramp" in 1953, which flodded a large portion of Zeeland, a small portion of Brabant, Zuid-Holland and Texel (island up north) a plan was constructed to prevent this from ever happing again in the further.
Besides seeing these "pijlers", there are also a lot of other things to do.
How many pilars does the Storm surge barrier have? A total of 65 Pillars and 62 "doors". What was the price to build... more travel advice
This is something you won't see on your trip to the Neeltje Jans. The bottom of one of the Pijlers. Between these... more travel advice
sammie's Related Pages
Neeltje Jans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Delta Projects"
- "The Neeltje jans"
- "An artificial island"
- "Waterland Neeltje Jans"
- "Deltaworks - Dutch engineering"
- "Breaking the waves"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Neeltje Jans
- Transportation in Neeltje Jans
- Restaurants in Neeltje Jans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Neeltje Jans
- 5 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Neeltje Jans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Neeltje Jans
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 21 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 15 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincie Zeeland Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pyramids of Giza Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination De Efteling Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- France Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rotterdam Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salou Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Temple of Abu Simbel Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos