"Canyon, Texas... home of the Buff" Canyon by Boozoo
Canyon Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 34 photos
Canyon is a small town a few minutes south of Amarillo.
From an outsider's perspective, Canyon's primary claim to fame is they are the home of West Texas A&M University (WTSU before being swallowed up by the TAMU system). WT is a small school but it serves up very high quality of education - the professors there actually do care a great deal about their students (most of them do anyway LOL).
Canyon also can boast of having a fantastic museum on the campus of WT and is only about 10 minutes away from Palo Duro Canyon - the second largest canyon in the USA.
A few miles east of Canyon is Palo Duro Canyon. As you drive out towards it, you're looking out over what seems to be a... more travel advice
Boozoo's Related Pages
Canyon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An unexpected treasure!"
- "Canyon, Texas... home of the Buff"
- "Buffalo on Lone Star"
- "A Perfect Launching Point"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canyon
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Canyon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canyon
Photos in CanyonSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Indianapolis Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- College Station Intro, 3 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hereford Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madison Intro, 7 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Key West Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Canyon Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Springfield Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nassau Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Amarillo Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Earth Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos