Houston Off The Beaten Path Tips by bdbrewer
Houston Off The Beaten Path: 102 reviews and 122 photos
And, upstairs, there is a smaller bar with an excellently appointed area for just hanging out and enjoying yourself.
This is the Acquarium Restaurant in the area my daughter lives in. Lots of luck getting into here. You have to put your name on a waiting list. BUT, there is plenty to do while you are waiting, to include enjoying your favorite beverage, so do not miss it. It's a great experience. It is in the Kemah Boardwalk area.
This Irish Pub has a very elaborate bar brought over from Ireland.
We got our coffee and wandered around inside the Pub. We decided to go out on the roof and watch Houston pass us by.
After eating at Mia Bellas, we walked for awhile and then stopped by this Irish Pub for an Irish Coffee. Let's go inside and see what it looks like.
Here are my bevy of beauties I had champagne brunch with. My daughter, Kristen, my wife, Barbara, and Virginia our friend who is a Houston native and knows it like the back of her hand. She makes a great tour guide.
Downtown Houston is becoming more revitalized. One of my favorite restaurants is Mia Bellas for Sunday morning champagne brunch. This is a very elegant brunch with items you would not normally expect to be found on a brunch menu, with a focus on Italian. Very good. If you are in Houston, you don't want to miss it.
And, this is my plate. Does this look yummy or what? Now, should you be wanting to eat at my daughter's house, I would suggest you call first, just to make sure she is there :-))
The port of Houston is 50 miles inland. It ranks among our country's first in imports from other countries. There is a beautiful, award winning bridge that goes over a portion of the shipping area.
Houston has some really great restaurants. BUT, you know where the BEST place to eat in Houston is? It is at my daughter's house. She is an excellent cook. Here you see Barbara eating a tomato bisque and a great salad. We had had this soup in a restaurant and Kristen came home and duplicated it from scratch. I believe it tasted better...
bdbrewer's Related Pages
Houston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "H-Town, Texas! My Hometown!"
- "Houston, Texas; Beyond Oil, Heat and Space"
- "Home, Home on the Range"
- "Hidden Huston"
- "Houston: Home to the Rodeo and Oil Business"
- "Houston, Texas"
- "4th Largest City in the USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Houston
- Hotels in Houston
- Transportation in Houston
- Nightlife in Houston
- Restaurants in Houston
- Shopping in Houston
- Warnings and Dangers in Houston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Houston
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Houston
Top 10 Pages
- Ocean Springs Intro, 57 reviews, 58 photos
- Gulfport Intro, 42 reviews, 43 photos
- Biloxi Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liberty Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos
- Asheville Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Long Beach Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Petal Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Christmas Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Francisville Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Hessisch Oldendorf Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (60)
- NASA Johnson Space Center- 53 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Williams Water Wall- 12 Reviews, 16 Photos
- San Jacinto State Park- 18 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Downtown- 29 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Herman Park- 15 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Galleria- 15 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Museum of Natural Science- 17 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Zoo- 14 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Ship Channel- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Kemah- 9 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Houston Things to Do