"MISSOULA, MONTANA" Top 5 Page for this destination Missoula by bdbrewer

Missoula Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 70 photos

Missoula is nestled in the heart of the Bitterroot Valley. A picturesque town of approximately 100,000 people. The University of Montana is located here.

We flew into and out of Missoula for our great adventure In Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park.

Come on in for a visit to a great town.

• Pros:A Beautiful Town. Everything You Need Here
  • Cons:Gets A Wee Bit Cold In The Winter
  • In a nutshell:Great Elk Hunting In The Surrounding Mountains
  • Last visit to Missoula: Aug 2002
  • Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

• Aug 30, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Way wrong...This is actually a photograph taken in the Bitterroot Valley during the 2001 fire season

• Lizzard2189's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2006 at 5:53 AM

This was a real picture taken in the fires of 2000 by John McColgan, a fire behavior specialist from Fairbanks Alaska. I had to comment cause this is my home.

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2006 at 2:59 PM

I have the same pic on my Montana page and it would not take much for you to correct this.

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2004 at 12:46 PM

Oh my goodness me Bob that pic of the goat leaping across the void terrified me!!!!!!! Do they really do that???

• Jun 29, 2004 at 4:27 PM

That photo shown of the fire is NOT a painting. It is a photo taken by one of the firefighters in 2000...and reading the other comments I now realize that I'm not the only one who wanted to set the record straight.

• sabe's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2003 at 3:31 PM

Thanks! Very good. I love pictures of the mainstreet since it says so much about a place.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2003 at 8:10 PM

Great page Bob. I love those cities in the Rocky Mountain West.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2003 at 1:26 PM

Great page! Log Cabin Fort Missoula looks great! Terrrible winds and rain storms seem to be common in many parts of the USA!

• Dec 11, 2002 at 11:56 PM

my understanding is that this is a picture taken by a local firefighter of elk and deer fleeing the fires of august 2000.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2002 at 3:45 AM

Thanks for showing a "less well known" part of the USA.

bdbrewer

“I LOVE DEADLINES ..... ESPECIALLY THAT WHOOSHING SOUND THEY MAKE AS THEY GO RUSHING BY!!!”

Badges & Stats in Missoula

Have you been to Missoula?

Latest Activity in Missoula