"ST FRANCISVILLE, LOUISIANA" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Francisville by bdbrewer

Saint Francisville Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 67 photos

Old Plantation Houses

Did you like the movie, "Gone With The Wind"? Do you like haunted houses? Do you like good old fashioned Southern small town charm? Well, come on in, sit down, and prepare to enjoy this charming little town.

This is Rosedown Plantation. A beautifully restored old plantation. You gotta see it.

• Pros:Old Southern Charm and Hospitality
  • Cons:None
  • In a nutshell:One of Many Places To Visit Old Plantations
  • Last visit to Saint Francisville: May 2002
  • Intro Written Oct 7, 2002

• BarryAir's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2006 at 7:43 PM

My wife did get a ghost image there in a mirror camera shot. Its really creepy!!! Barry in Louisiana

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2006 at 3:12 PM

Just stumbled on this beautiful page (your tip was on VT home page). Great pictures, and great texts. Looks like a truly evocative place to visit slowly. Thank you--

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2005 at 9:25 AM

Very beautiful pictures of these historical plantations! And very strange that the slaves at Oakley wore wooden shoes!

• sahel578's Profile Photo
    Aug 22, 2004 at 8:03 PM

I came across your page by accident.. so I must thank you for reminding me about the myrtles! i heard so much about it when I was at LSU.. now I am planning a trip to spook me and my friends! thanks!!!

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2003 at 3:11 PM

Wonderful pictures! Takes one back in time!

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2003 at 9:04 AM

I passed this town last month but had no time to stop, what a pity!

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2002 at 9:06 AM

I loved these plantation properties, and yes I did like the film 'Gone with the wind', Thanks

bdbrewer

“I LOVE DEADLINES ..... ESPECIALLY THAT WHOOSHING SOUND THEY MAKE AS THEY GO RUSHING BY!!!”

Badges & Stats in Saint Francisville

Have you been to Saint Francisville?

Latest Activity in Saint Francisville