"One of North America's Best Tastes of Europe" Quebec by Paul2001
Quebec Travel Guide: 1,571 reviews and 3,488 photos
Quebec City is one of the oldest cities in North America and few walled cities in the Western Hemisphere. I visited on the 400 year anniversary of this special city and was extremely impressed. I had not been to Quebec City for over 30 years and my last trip was all too short. This time I decided to take some time to get to know the city. I found that it was full of charm with it array of 18th century buildings and historical legacy.
I did have a few problems with the town however. It is more expensive than most Canadian cities and boy was it crowded. Still it was worth the visit. More importantly for some is the fact that Quebec looks so much like European town. This is obviously if you do not have the time or money to afford a trip to Europe and want to get a taste of what it is like, then you should consider a visit. I am sure you will find it rewarding.
- Pros:Very Good Museums, Lovely Architecture.
- Cons:Some of the locals are not friendly, Crowded, Expensive by Canadian standards
- In a nutshell:The Most European of North American Cities
The Musée de l'Amérique francophonei s the oldest museum in all of Canada. It was founded in 1663 by Monseigneur de... more travel advice
I thought that I would venture into Pub Saint-Patrick because looked pretty busy which is suppose to mean that it is... more travel advice
Paul2001's Related Pages
Quebec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quebec, mon amour!"
- "Quebec City, Quebec, Canada"
- "Quebec City - A Bit of Europe Close at Hand!"
- "Quebec, the charming French town"
- "Une Petite Tour de La Ville de Quebec...."
- "Quebec City, c'est magnifique!"
- "LA BELLE PROVINCE - QUEBEC"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quebec
- Hotels in Quebec
- Transportation in Quebec
- Nightlife in Quebec
- Restaurants in Quebec
- Shopping in Quebec
- Warnings and Dangers in Quebec
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quebec
- 8 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Quebec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quebec
- Posted in Travel Toronto Forum "Re: Staying in Toronto"
- Wrote a Review Musée de l'Amérique francophone about Musee de l'Amerique Francaise in Quebec Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Musée de l'Amérique francophone"
- updated a Quebec Travel Page "One of North America's Best Tastes of Europe"
- Commented on one of mim95's Quebec travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 88 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 83 reviews, 143 photos
- Germany Intro, 70 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 55 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 105 photos
- Egypt Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 49 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 48 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poland Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 82 photos