Toronto Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Paul2001 Top 5 Page for this destination
Toronto Warnings and Dangers: 114 reviews and 83 photos
Toronto Police Museum
Toronto used to be known as Toronto the Good. This probably had more to do with the piousness of the local than it had to do with the lack of crime in the city. The inhabitants of Toronto used to be so straight and narrow that sport teams where not allowed to play on Sundays. However all that has changed in more recent decades. The Blue Jays now play on Sundays.
How does all this relate to your safety in during your visit to Toronto? Well Toronto is probably one of the safest cities in North America but it still does have its problems. Random acts of violence, especially murders, are relatively rare events in Toronto but they do happen, let's say maybe once or twice a year. But what about other forms of crime. That is were Toronto has problems. Did anyone see Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine" and the scene where people where leaving there doors open and Mr. Moore walks into their houses off of the street. Well to be honest I thinking he was stretching the truth with that one folks. Toronto does have problems with property crime and house, cars, and commercial properties being broken into on a regular. In this form of crime Toronto is just as bad as any other city. I met a lady from New York who left a case of bourban exposed in the back of her car in a downtown parking lot. Much to her surprised the case was stolen. When she stated that she thought Toronto was a safe city, I responded well it is and it is not. In Toronto we will rob, we just won't kill you.
That said, I would like to point out a couple of unsafe neighborhoods in Toronto. They include the Regent Park/Moss Park area which is east of Yonge Street and the Parkdale area which is north of the Exihibition Grounds. In either case, it is unlikely that you will have any need to be in these areas if you are a tourist. To be honest it is probably unlikely to get into any trouble in either neighborhood unless you are looking for some.
The Toronto Police Museum gives a good account of Toronto's criminal past.
More Reviews (81)
- See All Caribana
- See All The Power Plant
- See All One of Toronto's Most Glamourous Hotel's
- See All Multicultural Toronto
- See All The World's Biggest Bookstore
- See All My Favourite After Work Bar
- See All A Good Place for a Burger on the Harbour
- See All The Toronto Dragon Boat Festival
- When You Should Bring Winter Clothing
- See All Ontario Place (Just been closed)
- The TTC
Been to Toronto?Share your travels with the world!
Paul2001's Related Pages
Toronto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
- "Close To Home"
- "Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
- "TORONTO Canada"
- "Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toronto
- Hotels in Toronto
- Transportation in Toronto
- Nightlife in Toronto
- Restaurants in Toronto
- Shopping in Toronto
- Warnings and Dangers in Toronto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toronto
- 82 Reviews
- 139 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 91 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toronto
Photos in TorontoSee All Photos (139)
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 88 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 82 reviews, 139 photos
- Germany Intro, 70 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 55 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 100 photos
- Egypt Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 49 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poland Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos
- CN Tower- 198 Reviews, 303 Photos
- Chinatown- 49 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Casa Loma- 46 Reviews, 95 Photos
- St. Lawrence Market- 37 Reviews, 90 Photos
- ROM - Royal Ontario Museum- 40 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Yonge Street- 23 Reviews, 45 Photos
- Kensington Market- 31 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Rogers Centre - Skydome- 44 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Niagara Falls- 49 Reviews, 89 Photos
- Harbourfront & Toronto Islands- 73 Reviews, 137 Photos
See All Toronto Things to Do