"Paul2001's Big T.O. Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto by Paul2001

Toronto Travel Guide: 4,306 reviews and 8,884 photos

It is hard to talk openly about your home town without gushing all over or getting rather perturbed because you may not like political issues that have arisen from time to time. Well traveled person that I am, each time I visit a city abroad I say to myself "why don't we do that" or "these people are doing it the wrong way. In Toronto we would do it this way". As you can see my opinion of my hometown is decidedly mixed. This is probably because I am all too aware of Toronto's paradoxes. Toronto is a city that according to the UN has one of the highest(if not the highest) standards of living in the world yet it has a serious homeless problem. It also, according to UNESCO is the most culturally diverse city in the world but at present racial issues are headlining the local newspapers.
Considering all of this, usually when I meet travelers abroad I make serious endeavours to encourage that they visit Toronto if they have the opportunity. This is because, for most casual travelers, Toronto has so much to offer. This includes great museums, superb shopping and a fantastic nightlife. As I have stated Toronto is considered to be the most culturally diverse city in the world. The byproduct of this fact is that Toronto has a spectacularly diverse culinary scene. No city that I have visited(well maybe New York) has so many different types of restaurants offering so many cuisines. It boggles the mind if you like variety on deciding where to eat.
I also feel that Toronto is one of the best cities in North America to bring the kids. It has one of the world's great zoos and stunning parks like the Toronto Islands. For Americans who live the Northeast I think that Toronto should be a must because it is within easy reach. For Europeans and Asians traveling to this part of the globe I would definitely include Toronto on my itinerary as places to see in North America. I have yet to here anyone say they were disappointed in their trip to Toronto.

• Pros:Great variety of cuisine. Fantastic nightlife. Superb museums.
  • Cons:Local transportation systems could be better.
  • In a nutshell:Canada's Premiere City
  • Intro Updated Jan 10, 2007

• Lighthouseman's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I bet, it's most comprehensive Toronto travel page! No doubts, I'll plan my visit there by your tips. Thank you for your page, Paul.

• Jan 6, 2009 at 3:29 AM

hi thanks for the article torontosuites

• ashmantoronto's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2008 at 1:35 PM

1) Arguably Harbourfront is a concrete jungle, it doesn't lack greenery, the Music Garden and HTO park are here. 2) Toronto's flatiron is the original, not NYs, and arguably, it looks much better.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Me again, checking back to read the new tips that you have added to this page since my last visit, which was on September 4, 2007. Fine new museum and hotel tips! (I'm sure I must have mentioned that my grandfather was born in Toronto in 1877.)

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Toronto is a fabulous city. Your pages make me want to go back soon!

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2008 at 8:48 AM

Great tips and photos! Toronto is truly a wonderful city! Was fortunate enough to have been there on two occasions in 2007. Best regards from New Jersey, Bill

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2008 at 1:07 AM

ST Paul's Basilica has an unusual Clocktower ;-))) interesting places of worship and gatherings, must get mine uploaded

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 11:02 AM

New museum tip articulate.The new hotel tip is great. Still feel that it is terrific and beautiful...honest insights, great narrations, brilliant photographs...of course, in my opinion, you have a beautiful city to report about.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2007 at 2:37 PM

An excellent page with great infos and lovely pics, Paul ! St. Anne's Anglican Church looks interesting with its frescos !

• bindi777's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2007 at 8:03 AM

It is definitely free on Friday's after 6pm.

Paul2001 Lives Here!

Paul2001

“Follow your spirit!”

Badges & Stats in Toronto

Have you been to Toronto?

Latest Activity in Toronto