"Paul2001's Big T.O. Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto by Paul2001
Toronto Travel Guide: 4,314 reviews and 8,927 photos
It is hard to talk openly about your home town without gushing all over or getting rather perturbed because you may not like political issues that have arisen from time to time. Well traveled person that I am, each time I visit a city abroad I say to myself "why don't we do that" or "these people are doing it the wrong way. In Toronto we would do it this way". As you can see my opinion of my hometown is decidedly mixed. This is probably because I am all too aware of Toronto's paradoxes. Toronto is a city that according to the UN has one of the highest(if not the highest) standards of living in the world yet it has a serious homeless problem. It also, according to UNESCO is the most culturally diverse city in the world but at present racial issues are headlining the local newspapers.
Considering all of this, usually when I meet travelers abroad I make serious endeavours to encourage that they visit Toronto if they have the opportunity. This is because, for most casual travelers, Toronto has so much to offer. This includes great museums, superb shopping and a fantastic nightlife. As I have stated Toronto is considered to be the most culturally diverse city in the world. The byproduct of this fact is that Toronto has a spectacularly diverse culinary scene. No city that I have visited(well maybe New York) has so many different types of restaurants offering so many cuisines. It boggles the mind if you like variety on deciding where to eat.
I also feel that Toronto is one of the best cities in North America to bring the kids. It has one of the world's great zoos and stunning parks like the Toronto Islands. For Americans who live the Northeast I think that Toronto should be a must because it is within easy reach. For Europeans and Asians traveling to this part of the globe I would definitely include Toronto on my itinerary as places to see in North America. I have yet to here anyone say they were disappointed in their trip to Toronto.
- Pros:Great variety of cuisine. Fantastic nightlife. Superb museums.
- Cons:Local transportation systems could be better.
- In a nutshell:Canada's Premiere City
The Don Valley Brickworks is a large industrial development and quarry that was founded in 1889 by William and George... more travel advice
The Power Plant is an art gallery dedicated to contemporary art located along Toronto's Harbourfront. The building began... more travel advice
- See All Multicultural Toronto
- See All The World's Biggest Bookstore
- See All My Favourite After Work Bar
- See All A Good Place for a Burger on the Harbour
- See All The Toronto Dragon Boat Festival
Paul2001's Related Pages
Toronto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
- "Close To Home"
- "Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
- "TORONTO Canada"
- "Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toronto
- Hotels in Toronto
- Transportation in Toronto
- Nightlife in Toronto
- Restaurants in Toronto
- Shopping in Toronto
- Warnings and Dangers in Toronto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toronto
- 83 Reviews
- 143 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 82 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toronto
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great Pub with a Great View"
- Posted in Travel Toronto Forum "Re: Staying in Toronto"
- Commented on one of Paul2001's Toronto tips
- Wrote a Review The Don Valley Brickworks about Don Valley Brickworks in Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Toronto Travel Page "Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 88 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 83 reviews, 143 photos
- Germany Intro, 70 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 55 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 50 reviews, 105 photos
- Egypt Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 49 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 48 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poland Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 82 photos