"Paul's trip to Australia" Australia by Paul2001
Australia Travel Guide: 45,976 reviews and 118,054 photos
Australia was my first trip overseas. Therefore I consider my journey there was one of the most important events in my life. That said in hindsight it was a rather disappointing trip. Australia itself should not be blamed for this because it is actually a wonderful country. The reason I had a somewhat of a bad time in Australia has more to do with the circumstances and my planning of the journey. As I had never traveled abroad before I really did not understand how important it is to have a good travel guide(which I did not, I have never used Fodor's again.) so as to know just what to see, where to go, eat, sleep, drink and eat. Furthermore a friend I was suppose to stay with while in Sydney had to leave the country before I got there. This meant I was on my own once I got there and I really did not know much about Sydney. Regardless I did get to see lots of the sights but I did waste sometime visiting things that I really should not have bothered with. Also I made the mistake of attempting a Coach tour(Contiki) up the Australian Eastern coast. It was a disaster. Not so much because the people on the tour where a bunch of jerks or anything like that. They were for the most part quit nice but I am something of an introvert. I tend to find large crowds suffocating and need room to do the things that I want to do and see. I do not like to be asked to be jovial on cue. I decided that I would rather spend time in jail than take another Coach tour. I have avoided them when I can ever since.
That I said my trip to Australia was a growing experience and I hope that this page will lend you hand in your own explorations of this magnificent country.
- Pros:Lots and lots of places to get wet and play.
- Cons:Drunken louts in Queensland's bars.
- In a nutshell:A Country that Should Have Something For Everyone
Yes I know that this is a terrible photograph, but I does best describe my experience on Fitzroy Island. There was lots... more travel advice
While in Canberra, I took in the National Gallery of Australia. Although it's pernament collection is hardly outstanding... more travel advice
Paul2001's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 28 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 88 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 82 reviews, 139 photos
- Germany Intro, 70 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 55 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 100 photos
- Egypt Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 49 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poland Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos