"Switzerland" Switzerland by Paul2001
Switzerland Travel Guide: 15,350 reviews and 46,698 photos
Switzerland was always a country I wanted to visit. It had for me many quatilities that draw me to a country. They include mountain scenery, historical attractions and a wealth of fine art galleries. In fact for a nation that is not very large, one is caught off guard by how many interesting towns and attractions this country has.
Of course the mountain scenery is spectacular. In fact my photographs do not do mountains like the Matterhorn justice. One is overwhelmed by the beauty and size of the mountains as they hang over you. Switzerland also has several very interesting cities well worth visiting. They include Zurich, Basel, Bern and Luzern. Bern, besides being the nations capital, is probably one of the best perverved medieval cities in Europe. As I stated, Switzerland has several very good art galleries. Although they do not rank amongst the best in the world they should not be overlooked. They are especially noteworthy for their collections of 20th century art. Here you can see the works of Picasso, Chagall, Matisse and of course local hero, Paul Klee at their best.
I concluded after visiting Switzerland that the country had more to offer than just mountains. It has a rich cultural and historical past. If your time is limited in Europe but you have lots of money to spend, Switzerland is definitely worth a visit.
There is one really bad thing about Switzerland. It is very expensive. In fact it is probably one of the most expensive nations in the world. Count on just about everything costing about 50 per cent more than what it would in North America.
- Pros:Stunning scenery, Great museums and galleries. Lovely cities.
- In a nutshell:A Great Introduction to Europe.
The Château of Chillon near Montreux is the most magnificent castle in Switzerland let alone all of Europe. The castle... more travel advice
I thought that Musee d’Art et d’Histoire when compared the other art collections in Switzerland, was a relatively minor... more travel advice
Paul2001's Related Pages
Switzerland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Switzerland was my home for more than 5 years"
- "Switzerland like a dream..."
- "Welcome to the Heart of The Alps"
- "The Heart of Europe"
- "I love Switzerland - and all their cable-cars!"
- " SWITZERLAND "
- See All...
- Things to Do in Switzerland
- Hotels in Switzerland
- Transportation in Switzerland
- Nightlife in Switzerland
- Restaurants in Switzerland
- Shopping in Switzerland
- Warnings and Dangers in Switzerland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Switzerland
- 60 Reviews
- 163 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Switzerland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Switzerland
- Wrote a Review The Château of Chillon near Montreux in Switzerland Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Château of Chillon near Montreux"
- Commented on one of Paul2001's Switzerland tips
- updated a Switzerland Travel Page "Switzerland"
- Posted in Travel Toronto Forum "Re: Aussie visitor would like to..."
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 86 reviews, 158 photos
- India Intro, 88 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 70 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 53 reviews, 108 photos
- Morocco Intro, 55 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 49 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 32 reviews, 95 photos
- United States of America Intro, 48 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Orleans Intro, 29 reviews, 90 photos