"Paul2001 Quick trip through Hungary" Top 5 Page for this destination Hungary by Paul2001

Hungary Travel Guide: 11,137 reviews and 28,225 photos

I traveled through Hungary all top quickly for I was there for just eight days. During that brief period I found it be a very sophisticated country with a strong tourist infastructure making it easy to travel it. There are plenty of attractions to see in the various cities that make a visit worth while.
I spent most of my time in Budapest while in Hungary. You can base yourself here and visit several cities in the country on daytrips. However to visit Pecs and Eger like I did it, is best to take you time and spend a night or two in each town.

• Pros:Lovely cities. Rich Culture
  • Cons:Dull Countryside
  • In a nutshell:Home of One of Europe's Proudest Cultures
  • Last visit to Hungary: Oct 2005
  • Intro Updated Oct 9, 2005

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2009 at 5:44 AM

I will not be responsible for a swelled head so won't say your tips are great and the photos are really nice. ok? So--thanks for the so-so tips and the almost good photos and the fairly decent writing. is that better?

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Great gallery tips Paul and wonderful photos. The towns of Pecs and Eger sound gorgeous. I visited Sopron last sumer andfell in love with it. Would love to see more of Hungary :))

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2007 at 2:44 PM

great page!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2007 at 12:51 PM

an interesting overview about Hungary bringing back great memories !

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Paul, interesting page with brilliant photos. Unfortunately I only visited Budapest yet, but I have been there twice. I would love to see more of Hungary.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2007 at 3:09 AM

I can't believe it's been 38 years since I last visited Hungary. When I return, I'll be sure to visit some of the museums you have described. (I think I might even still have some distant relatives in Hungary whom I could try to get in touch with.)

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2006 at 10:18 AM

I must return to Hungary someday because I was there so many years ago, I forgot much of what I saw. In addition, I have to get some pictures, because I don't have any from my brief visit.

• cheesecake17's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2006 at 3:25 AM

bring back memories...what a great city....ursula

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2006 at 6:39 PM

Yes, Paul, I must say that you do the very best descriptions of museums of anyone I've read on VT. You have a keen eye, a natural writing style, and a great passion for travel. It's indeed a pleasure to visit your pages.

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2006 at 12:12 PM

I try to look at most pages on Budapest. I hope to be able to get there one of these days. Your page was a big help in planning.

Paul2001

“Follow your spirit!”

Badges & Stats in Hungary

Have you been to Hungary?

Latest Activity in Hungary