"Paul2001 5 nights in Placencia" Top 5 Page for this destination Placencia Village by Paul2001

Placencia Village Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 123 photos

I visited Placencia for primarily one purpose, to rest before I returned to the harsh Canadian winter. Placencia has the best beach in Belize. Not only that there is great snorkeling and diving nearby. Placencia is also a fine location for at least an intiation into the forests of Belize as there are tours offered to the mainland that are decent if not too exciting.
There are quite a few bars here and I understand during the peak of the tourist season that the nightlife is very active. During my stay, it was sleepy which was more my speed.
The real problem that I had here was not really the villages fault in that the weather turned foul during my last two days here. That happens as you cannot always depend upon the weather even during the "dry" season. Unless you are snorkeling or taking in the beach there is no too much to do here so my last 48 hours was rather dreary. If you choose to take in Placencia I hope you have better luck as I am sure you will enjoy the village and the beach.

• Intro Updated Apr 20, 2008

• Oct 20, 2011 at 3:10 PM

aha! i found it.. ;)

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Here was that beach you were looking for in Ambergis Caye ;-]

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Thanks for the look at Placentia! I never quite made it that far down the coast, stopping at the much cheaper Hopkins for a couple of nights. Too bad the weather didn't fully cooperate for you.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Too bad about the rain! But the beach looks really nice in your pre-rain photo.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2008 at 1:55 PM

What a beautiful beach; however, when it rains, that doesn't mean much. Excellent review of the accommodations ...honest, detailed, and helpful. That is unusual to have a good Italian restaurant in Placencia.

Paul2001

“Follow your spirit!”

Badges & Stats in Placencia Village

Have you been to Placencia Village?

Latest Activity in Placencia Village