"Paul's Journey Through Belgium" Top 5 Page for this destination Belgium by Paul2001
Belgium Travel Guide: 22,110 reviews and 55,687 photos
From the point of view of a North American, Belgium does not get the respect that it deserves. I mean you never hear of anyone saying I am going to Belgium for a holiday. Furthermore if they go there, it is on their way from France to Germany or the Netherlands.
Personally I think Belgium is in fact the most overlooked country in Western Europe. Cities like Brussels, Ghent, and Antwerp are all full of outstanding art galleries, medieval monuments, beautiful town squares, magnificent cathedrals, and of course their world famous belfries. Most of all Belgium should be visited for Bruges, an UNESCO site. It is as perfectly preserved a medieval city that you are going to find in Europe. Oh by the way did I mention that Belgium has the greatest beer in world(sorry Germany). With so many different brewers, every trip to a bar is an adventure to be experienced.
So, with the exception of Bruges, if you want to get off of the beaten track in Europe, then give Belgium some consideration. I do not think that you will regret your journey.
- Pros:Under touristed cities. Possibly the greatest beer in the World.
- Cons:Some of the locals can be rather cold. The weather can be downright miserable
- In a nutshell:Europe's Most Overlooked Gem!
Mechelen's Town Hall is a strikingly attractive building. The building originated at the town cloth hall. This part of... more travel advice
This was one of those hotels I stayed in purposely for the fact that it was near the train station. I did alot of this... more travel advice
- See All Belgium by Train! It could not be...
- A cafe in a historic location otherwise...
- Great Irish Pub in Central Brussels
Paul2001's Related Pages
Belgium Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Belgium by cows". Translation: Norali"
- "Belgium is like >. big!"
- "Belgium - So small but so different in landscapes"
- "My Homeland"
- "Paul's Journey Through Belgium"
- "The real cows"
- "Belgium places to visit and beers to drink"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belgium
- Hotels in Belgium
- Transportation in Belgium
- Nightlife in Belgium
- Restaurants in Belgium
- Shopping in Belgium
- Warnings and Dangers in Belgium
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belgium
- 44 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Belgium?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belgium
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 88 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Toronto Intro, 82 reviews, 139 photos
- Germany Intro, 70 reviews, 109 photos, 2 travelogues
- Morocco Intro, 55 reviews, 101 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 49 reviews, 100 photos
- Egypt Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos, 2 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 49 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poland Intro, 49 reviews, 69 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 36 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination China Intro, 37 reviews, 79 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (35)
Top Belgium hotels
- Brussels Hotels
- 5623 Reviews - 11929 Photos
- Brugge Hotels
- 2698 Reviews - 7188 Photos
- Antwerp Hotels
- 2894 Reviews - 7160 Photos
- Oostende Hotels
- 527 Reviews - 1683 Photos
- Ieper Hotels
- 484 Reviews - 1387 Photos
- Charleroi Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 133 Photos
- Leuven Hotels
- 483 Reviews - 1046 Photos
- Gent Hotels
- 1411 Reviews - 3631 Photos
- De Panne Hotels
- 89 Reviews - 127 Photos
- Namur Hotels
- 189 Reviews - 490 Photos
- Mechelen Hotels
- 285 Reviews - 676 Photos
- Liège Hotels
- 197 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Hasselt Hotels
- 182 Reviews - 398 Photos
- Turnhout Hotels
- 111 Reviews - 153 Photos
- Spa Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 92 Photos