"Paul2001's Austria Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Austria by Paul2001

Austria Travel Guide: 18,899 reviews and 51,021 photos

I consider Austria to be possibly the best country in Europe to travel to if you only have time for a short and not too expensive stay. The food is great and filling. The scenery is stunning. It is easy to travel around in, with great railway and bus connections. The artscene is among the best that Europe has to offer. It probably has more spectacular castles per square kilometer than any other country in the world. Even better unlike its mountainous neighbor Switzerland, it is not out of this world expensive. So if you have only a couple of weeks to tour a country in Europe then give Austria a try.

• Pros:Spectacular castles and countryside, great hiking.
  • Cons:Indifferent food service. Sleepy nightlife.
  • In a nutshell:Europe's Little Jewel
  • Last visit to Austria: Oct 1993
  • Intro Updated Feb 7, 2006

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2009 at 2:11 PM

I cannot believe that you know so much about all those places... How have you documented your trip? Have you considered writing a book about your trip in Austria? If you will do it... I am waiting for one volume with your autograph on it :)

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Nice look at Austria your page made me realise I only saw a tiny bit = thanks for sharing

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2007 at 2:51 PM

ust back from Mayrhofen , Krimmle waterfalls were fantastic, Austria is at the moment my favorite destination i have to go back!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2006 at 7:23 AM

Gee, such a collection of castles! Yes, I can understand your feelings of "museum overload" - though I'd be happy to visit the first half dozen.... Must go there some day.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2006 at 10:45 AM

Wow! What a remarkable job you have done with your Austria pages. So thorough. Lovely photographs and your helpful tips are always such a pleasure to read.

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 3:20 AM

The Hochosterwiz Castle catched my eye! Want to see this! Also congratulations for your beautiful Mountain valley picture!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2006 at 3:37 PM

I´d love to visit Austria--after seeing your pictures of the castles I´m ready to sign up for the trip today!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2006 at 2:50 AM

I loved your Austria page...especially the tips and info of the castles. Fantastic stuff. Thanks...

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2005 at 4:03 AM

Fine tips and travelogues on Austria! I did a Danube tour by kayak once, and saw some of those places. Hope to have at least a short trip to Austria again this summer.

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2005 at 1:45 PM

Very enjoyable pictures and commentary! I love Austria.

Paul2001

“Follow your spirit!”

Badges & Stats in Austria

Have you been to Austria?

Latest Activity in Austria