"Gard's Stavanger Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger by Gard

Stavanger Travel Guide: 305 reviews and 1,009 photos

A bit about Stavanger - Kjerag

I'll try to put down a little bit about Stavanger here. It is a little city on the south west coast of Norway. One of the main attractions in my opinion is the mighty <strong><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Kjerag</font></strong>. It is a pretty long walk but it is worth it. The view from the top on a nice summer day is amazing.

Sverd i fjell

The picture is a monument called "Sverd i fjell" (swords in rock/mountain) and it is a monument in memory of the naval battle that took place in Hafrsfjord in 892 when king Harald "Fairhair" unified Norway into one kingdom. The picture was taken this winter when it was really cold here. I think that it was -15 degrees Celcius and that is unusual for Stavanger.

The harbour

The harbour is a great place to eat and drink in the summertime.

Please let me know if you are coming to town. I might be able to help out with more information. Send me a mail on <a href="mailto:gardkarlsen@hotmail.com">gardkarlsen@hotmail.com</a>.

• Pros:Great nature and scenery, long summer days, friendly people (me :-)
  • Cons:Can be a bit expensive, weather can be unpredictable
  • In a nutshell:Stavanger is a little town but I still hope that we have something to offer :-)
  • Last visit to Stavanger: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Feb 18, 2003

• Humeren's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2009 at 6:03 AM

UPDATE: If you stay in Stavanger for more than one hour then you will be charged when leaving within Stavanger area and you will be charged automaticaly when entering another kommune.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2008 at 5:31 PM

nice restaurant tips-sounds like a very expensive town! thanks for sharing.

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2007 at 5:13 AM

I found your tips interesting! It is possibile to come in Stavanger this year, so are are trying to find as much information as possible!

• Hotboy_san's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2007 at 1:02 AM

Amazing pages!!!

• Stargazer1's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Good tips and pics. Thanks. I'm researching for my next business trip to Stavanger.

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 8:16 AM

Interesting tips and nice pictures about Stavanger. Hilsen fra Polen.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2006 at 9:17 AM

Fabulous. May I'll see it one day. Thanks!

• cassiejoy42's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2005 at 3:12 PM

Gard I enjoyed your pages on Stavanger - I need a "break from reality" sometimes - Stavanger is very pretty - Cassie

• Rusket's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2005 at 6:56 PM

Your page "has it all", and you certainly deserve the first place! But be careful, I am coming to get you ;-)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2005 at 2:05 AM

G'day Gard. Just dropped by for another visit. Your pix are awesome matey!! So breathtaking and scarey at the same time!! My jaw is still on the ground!! Cheers, Ann :o)

Badges & Stats in Stavanger

Have you been to Stavanger?

Friends