"Gard's Stavanger Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger by Gard
Stavanger Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 996 photos
I'll try to put down a little bit about Stavanger here. It is a little city on the south west coast of Norway. One of the main attractions in my opinion is the mighty <strong><font face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Kjerag</font></strong>. It is a pretty long walk but it is worth it. The view from the top on a nice summer day is amazing.
The picture is a monument called "Sverd i fjell" (swords in rock/mountain) and it is a monument in memory of the naval battle that took place in Hafrsfjord in 892 when king Harald "Fairhair" unified Norway into one kingdom. The picture was taken this winter when it was really cold here. I think that it was -15 degrees Celcius and that is unusual for Stavanger.
The harbour is a great place to eat and drink in the summertime.
Please let me know if you are coming to town. I might be able to help out with more information. Send me a mail on <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com</a>.
- Pros:Great nature and scenery, long summer days, friendly people (me :-)
- Cons:Can be a bit expensive, weather can be unpredictable
- In a nutshell:Stavanger is a little town but I still hope that we have something to offer :-)
Behind the rather anonymous entrance to "Jans mat og vinhus" lies one of the better restaurants in Stavanger. The... more travel advice
This is another pizza place belonging to a chain of pizza found in more or less all major Norwegian towns. The main... more travel advice
- See All Tourist information
- See All A smart hotel
- See All The only mall....
- Good drinks
Gard's Related Pages
Stavanger Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stavanger-Lovely city"
- "58.58N 5.44E"
- "Beautiful Stavanger"
- "Gard's Stavanger Page"
- "Hiking to Preikestolen"
- "STAVANGER - 4TH LARGEST CITY IN NORWAY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stavanger
- Hotels in Stavanger
- Transportation in Stavanger
- Nightlife in Stavanger
- Restaurants in Stavanger
- Shopping in Stavanger
- Warnings and Dangers in Stavanger
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stavanger
- 34 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 58 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Stavanger?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stavanger
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: Suitable not expensive hotels..."
- Commented on one of Rusket's Stavanger travel pages
- Wrote a Review Best coffee in town? about Charlie Brown in Stavanger Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great gourmet restaurant"
- created a Stavanger Travelogue "Hiking to Preikestolen (the Pulpit rock)"
Photos in StavangerSee All Photos (43)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Stavanger Intro, 34 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dubai Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Johannesburg Intro, 18 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 20 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 17 reviews, 16 photos
- Maldives Intro, 12 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Stavanger hotel reviews
- Skagen Brygge Hotell
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Radisson SAS Atlantic Hotel
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Mosvangen Camping
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Quality Hotel Stavanger Airport
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Rica Forum Hotel Stavanger
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Victoria Hotel Stavanger
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2013
- Clarion Hotel Stavanger
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Grand Stavanger
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Skansen Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013